Ok, the iFanboy and Fandroid arguments need to STOP!

iSkythe

May 12, 2009
Visit site
No longer can a tech blog post anything iPhone or Android related without getting comments such as "DROOOOOOID FTW" or "iPHONE KICKS EVO A**. This needs to stop!

Examples of Android Fanboys:

Positive iPhone story about iPhone dropping less calls:

wjigie.png

LINK: The Jimmy Fallon Test: is the iPhone 4 dropping fewer calls? -- Engadget

Negative iPhone story about iPhone 4 commercials holding the phone the "wrong way"

xays5x.png

LINK: Hey Apple, you're holding it wrong -- Engadget

Examples of iPhone Fanboys

Negative EVO story about unresponsive screens:

24v6skh.png

LINK: HTC EVO 4G and Droid Incredible suffering from unresponsive screen issues -- Engadget

Positive EVO story about the sales being better than Palm Pre

5my17c.png

LINK: HTC EVO 4G overtakes Palm Pre for best-selling launch day on Sprint -- Engadget

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. Everyone has their own preferences for their phones .. so what if someone chooses iPhone over Android or BlackBerry over iPhone .. doesn't make any phone better than the other, it's just what each person prefers to have and use. I don't know why people get so offended by someone using a different brand of phone .. so what?! It's a freakin' phone! lol

denness544

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Yeah. I love both systems and never put one or the other down without good reasoning but my Fandroid and BB friends are always putting iPhones down every chance they get. It's really annoying. If someone asked me for advice on what phone to get, I usually ask them what their needs are and what's important to them. No fanboy opinions.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Look at it this way. You know how the media likes building celebrities up and, even more so, love's tearing them down? Well the iPhone is the darling of the smart phone world. Every other phone aspires to be as popular as it. It's only natural for these people to pile on when the iPhone stumbles a little bit.

Besides, when is the last time you saw people come out in droves to put a positive spin on anything? Being negative is all too easy these days.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Be happy with the negative. Apple needs to feel the pressure or they won't acknowledge anything wrong.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Comprehensive.. Haha..
The thing that bugs me about these fandroids though is that they think they are in the minority, and that they are so "different"... In the world of consumers this may be true, but on Engadget and Gizmodo, I swear, at least 60% of the commenters are Fandroids, and they seriously troll every single iPhone post, when they could easily not view the iPhone posts at all...

Either way Android is a good OS, I have my reasons for liking iPhone OS more, I just get really annoyed when people call me a "fanboy" as I'm really not. I've owned both platforms and made an educated decision, which is something we as consumers shouldn't have to defend ourselves for. And yet, everyone seems to think anyone who has an iPhone was paid to use it or something. IF ONLY!

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
And yet, everyone seems to think anyone who has an iPhone was paid to use it or something. IF ONLY!

I feel you on this one. I have 4 PCs in my house. 3 run Windows and the 4th runs Linux. I don't have ONE Mac. But I own an iPhone. I am hardly what you would call an Apple "fanboy".

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I feel you on this one. I have 4 PCs in my house. 3 run Windows and the 4th runs Linux. I don't have ONE Mac. But I own an iPhone. I am hardly what you would call an Apple "fanboy".

Exactly... I disputed the iPad since its release because I have no purpose for it (though it's nice), I admit that the MacBook at $999 is a terrible value for something made of plastic that gets scratches faster than an iPod, and the only Apple product I own is my iPhone. I really just don't think I fit the bill for a fanboy. :p

Also I honestly think that if Apple doesn't fix this reception issue (if it's software related, which I think it is because I reproduced it easily on my 3GS today), they deserve to be sued for false advertisement, in all fairness.

hey-apple-youre-holding-it-wrong.jpg

iSkythe

May 12, 2009
Visit site
I forgot to put my own opinions in the opening post :p I have used both phones, but have only ever owned an iPhone out of the two. My biggest gripe with Android is how unpolished it seems next to the iPhone. It's not as smooth as the iPhone (though after updating my iPhone 3G to iOS 4 they're about the same =/ ). My biggest gripe about the iPhone, however, is how some apps get rejected for questionable reasons *cough*googlevoice*cough*. Though that is a relatively minor thing for me, and the behavior of the OS is a big thing, so that is why I stick with the iPhone, and why I will upgrade to iPhone 4 (when more arrive!)

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
My Apple products: Macbook Pro, iTouch 2nd gen, iPhone 3GS 16 gig. Am I an Apple fanboy? Sure if buy that you mean that I am someone who really likes Apple products. That said I am not the type of person that feels the need to defend Apple when they make a mistake, nor do I feel the need to crap on other devices like Blackberry and Android. IMHO the iPhone is the best smartphone ever made and it really has nothing to do with specs or features, it has everything to do with the user experience and that is where Apple gets it right 9 times out of 10.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
How could you sue Apple for false advertisement? These images were probably taken in their campus and I'm sure they have a tower quite close. They never advertised the phone to be GREAT for left handed holding.

I don't care about Fandroid but it is ANNOYING when they come to an APPLE/iPhone site and talk about how crappy Apple is and how amazing Google is. Get a life!

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Great thread. Next, head on over to a palastinian web site and say how Isreali and Palastinian fighting needs to stop. Or maybe the Yankees forum and complain about the constant bickering between redsox and yankee fans. Then see if you can get dogs and cats to get along.

good luck.

ALexSoFLy

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Without critics, Apple would not have pressure to do better. Let the haters keep hating while the iPhone keeps selling. AT&T first day 600,000 PreOrders FTW! =)

damule6666

Banned
Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
Just because something sells well does not make it a great product..

The very fact that apple released their bumper thingy along side the new iphone should let you know that they were well aware of the problem ahead of time...

Then to have the audacity to actually charge the customers and not admit they knew of the problem and include one with the phone. Or at least a voucher for a case as they seem to solve the problem as well..

I am an android user because like Jellotime91 said i made an informed purchase based on my needs and what works best for me. My wife on the other hand swears by her iphone and has her iphone4 on order...

Just my 0.02

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I really think they need to grow up over the droid/iPhone issue. It's a matter of preference and if they don't want or like the iPhone then stay away from them. It's just really stupid. It's something I'd expect to see in a jr high school!

miracLe

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Comprehensive.. Haha..
The thing that bugs me about these fandroids though is that they think they are in the minority, and that they are so "different"... In the world of consumers this may be true, but on Engadget and Gizmodo, I swear, at least 60% of the commenters are Fandroids, and they seriously troll every single iPhone post, when they could easily not view the iPhone posts at all...

Either way Android is a good OS, I have my reasons for liking iPhone OS more, I just get really annoyed when people call me a "fanboy" as I'm really not. I've owned both platforms and made an educated decision, which is something we as consumers shouldn't have to defend ourselves for. And yet, everyone seems to think anyone who has an iPhone was paid to use it or something. IF ONLY!
I've owned all four platforms (android bb webos ios) and to me I love ios the most.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73