I just wanted to say hello to everyone on this forum. I am a regular over at Crackberry.com and saw someone over there mention this site.

I have been a Blackberry user for the past 6 years due to work. Right now I have the Bold 9000, which has been a great phone. My biggest complaint is the app memory available. The newer devices are coming out with 4 times the app memory that my 9000 has so it seems like RIM is listening to some extent.

My work is now allowing iPhones and Android phones to connect to our Exchange servers. The have actually been allowing iPhones for about 8 months now. My wife has had the 3GS for about a year and loves it and I just recently bought a 21.5" iMac (my wife also has a Macbook Pro).

I am seriously thinking about switching to the iPhone 4 but I am also considering the new Blackberry 9800 Slider.

My biggest concerns with switching:
    1. Not having Blackberry Messenger. Almost all of the other managers at work have a Blackberry and we use BBM a lot to communicate because it is faster and easier than emailing. I also have some relatives and good friends on there. I guess I could convince most of them to use Yahoo Messenger (that's what my wife and I use).
    2. Indication of a new email (blinking red light). I use my phone mainly for work and manage a large group of people. I am on the road some and in this modern day people expect an answer immediately, if not sooner! I hate having a sound go off for every email. I guess I would get used to checking it more often and will have to see how good the vibrate function is.
    3. When work hooks up an iPhone they say it will not sync Notes and Tasks wireless. I use Notes a lot in Outlook to keep info that I need to access a lot (our company conference call account numbers, frequent flyer numbers, hotel info, etc.). I guess I will have to find something on the iPhone to replace this.

I look forward to learning a lot on these forums and hopefully I will be a new iPhone 4 user within the next month or two.
    Last edited by sdmcwilliams; 06-25-2010 at 08:09 AM.
    06-25-2010 08:07 AM
    welcome, i am new also :-)
    06-25-2010 10:57 AM
    hello, i'm from phils. i'm new here. hope you could help me someday about my iphone 3gs 32gb
    06-25-2010 02:49 PM
    good day to everyone
    06-25-2010 02:50 PM
    newbie here ....
    06-30-2010 12:38 AM
    Another person from Crackberry, awesome!
    Hello, my names jcash74. I bought an iPhone last night on eBay and can't wait for it to show up (Long wait due to Holiday). It's kind of exciting to get something new, and have to learn everything you can about the device all over again. I had quite a few Blackberries, and with Crackberries help I
    07-04-2010 08:20 PM
    learned alot. Anyway just wanted to say Hi, and that I am looking forward to meeting some new people and learning about a new device.
    07-04-2010 08:21 PM
    As a former BB user, I was able to cope without BB messenger.
    07-09-2010 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD