I've always tried to be a romantic guy, but sometimes it just doesn't work.....

Plus, I'm tired of doing the flowers, chocolates and the usual things....
    So, I'm looking for new ideas.... my wife is a hopeless romantic. Poor girl, she didn't know I sucked at this we we got married..

I would love to do the bucket truck idea, I saw that in a movie once...... But, I don't have any friends that have bucket trucks.
    Let me know what you've done or what you have?
    04-22-2010 05:12 PM
    Plan a surprise trip. Take her away for a weekend. Do a couples' spa day while you're there.
    04-22-2010 05:44 PM
    Cool. I like that idea. I did that few months ago. we wnt to Costa Rica minus the spa
    04-22-2010 05:48 PM
    Even if you can't cook, make her a suprise diner. Feel her out and see what type of food she may be in the mood for. Send her out, make a nice diner with dessert and buy a decent bottle of wine.

Also, look into pandora braclets(sp) and the charms that go with it. The charms are fairly cheep and can be personal.
    04-22-2010 09:26 PM
    But when you went to Costa Rica, how much time and effort did you spend in the planning. How much stress did you both suffer from the planning? You do all the planning and just whisk her away for a total surprise. Trust me.
    04-22-2010 10:24 PM
    Cool idea. Like the pandora bracelets.

Thanks

Keep em coming y'all.
    04-22-2010 10:25 PM
    Oh, Alli. It was a great trip.. I set it all up and it was a surprise!!!!!

I'm looking for more everyday ideas. But thanks for the tips. :P
    04-23-2010 07:19 PM
    Lucky wife!
    04-23-2010 10:38 PM
    The simple things work best. Just cook her a nice meal, light some candles and enjoy each others company. Most people don't need a fancy romantic gesture, they just want to see you care and be reminded of your affection. Always remember it's not how much money you spend, but how much attention you pay.
    04-26-2010 04:11 AM
    i'm not married. i have been with my girlfriend for about a year and a half. sometimes i will buy a nice bouquet of flowers just because. sometimes a card. i always let her know how much she means to me and how much i love her, and she does the same. sometimes she will come home from a long day at work and her feet will be hurting alot. so i tell her to sit down put her feet on my lap and i massage her feet, and we talk about our day. to me the little things are what matter most. just my .02 cents.
    04-26-2010 11:37 AM
    Cool, I love this idea
    04-30-2010 03:36 AM
    Put simple sweet notes where she can see it easily...like on her dresser, the bathroom mirror, the refrigerator, etc. Make it different each time, but don't overdo it or she might end up being annoyed... hehe...Put in that element of surprise also . I still think you're romantic enough to have brought her on a surprised trip! Keep it up..
    05-05-2010 11:18 PM
    Good luck!
    05-25-2010 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD