Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Sunglasses from Target.
14108078_120626163000.jpg

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
A TWSBI 580 with a 1.1 stub nib and some Sailor ink. Should make for a very beautiful writing experience.

Attachments

• 41TxftQ1UZL.jpg
    41TxftQ1UZL.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 51aErFtXZwL._SL1500_.jpg
    51aErFtXZwL._SL1500_.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 3

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The Lego store is right next door to the Microsoft store in the mall that's here. ��

I haven't been home long enough to venture out. I didn't even know Cleveland had a Lego store or a Microsoft store. Are they in Beachwood Mall?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that's the mall.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Nice!! I might have to take a trip next time I'm home. I definitely need some legos to attach to my case. If its anything like the store in Raleigh, I'm not looking forward to those crazy children that run wild in that place LOL

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Let me give some background...to do something fun for an obstacle-course race in the sand mines, she came up with the idea of us dressing as Indiana Jones and Lara Croft (Tomb Raider). Here's how we dressed below (event was about a couple of months back)...
20140222_115359_1.jpg

Fast forward to today, she and I are going to our first ComicCon event next weekend. We decided to yet again dress as Indiana Jones and Lara Croft, but we're tweaking and perfecting our respective costumes. I was cutting corners the first time because I was short on time. Since I had more lead time, I did a bit of spending, and two of those pieces showed up the last few days. The first one, I replaced a "play" whip for a real whip (10 ft, 12 plait), which its specs/quality are pretty close to what Indy used. I'm in the process of breaking it in (actually whipping) for authenticity.
IMG_20140317_131240.jpg

Then, I replaced my inexpensive replica Indy fedora with a significantly higher quality and more screen-accurate (by dimensions and material quality) version. They typically arrive as an "open crown" (not shaped yet), so I had to do what was called an "Indy bash", which means first shaping the brim with the proper tilt (it came flat all the way around), then the crown itself I make a dimple across the top and shape the pinch in the front. The result so far is below. I need to keep shaping it here and there, but it's pretty much done.
IMG_20140329_032835.jpg

I'm still waiting on the replica WWII gas mask bag, which is what Indy used as a pouch, should be getting that in a day or two. Also waiting on the boots. Then I'm ready to go! :)

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
What colour is the ink?

I typically use blue-black or blue inks, but I might be interested in trying some other colours.

The color is Jentl Apricot, so it's a orangish color. This one came highly recommended and it's similar to Noodler's Apache Sunset.

Here's links to three different inks I've recently purchased but haven't gotten yet.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2221027

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2221027

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Let me give some background...to do something fun for an obstacle-course race in the sand mines, she came up with the idea of us dressing as Indiana Jones and Lara Croft (Tomb Raider). Here's how we dressed below (event was about a couple of months back)...
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...MDfI9DImgs/w426-h715-no/20140222_115359_1.jpg

Fast forward to today, she and I are going to our first ComicCon event next weekend. We decided to yet again dress as Indiana Jones and Lara Croft, but we're tweaking and perfecting our respective costumes. I was cutting corners the first time because I was short on time. Since I had more lead time, I did a bit of spending, and two of those pieces showed up the last few days. The first one, I replaced a "play" whip for a real whip (10 ft, 12 plait), which its specs/quality are pretty close to what Indy used. I'm in the process of breaking it in (actually whipping) for authenticity.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...6DMgDylQ/w966-h715-no/IMG_20140317_131240.jpg

Then, I replaced my inexpensive replica Indy fedora with a significantly higher quality and more screen-accurate (by dimensions and material quality) version. They typically arrive as an "open crown" (not shaped yet), so I had to do what was called an "Indy bash", which means first shaping the brim with the proper tilt (it came flat all the way around), then the crown itself I make a dimple across the top and shape the pinch in the front. The result so far is below. I need to keep shaping it here and there, but it's pretty much done.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...G_qOKjlE/w529-h715-no/IMG_20140329_032835.jpg

I'm still waiting on the replica WWII gas mask bag, which is what Indy used as a pouch, should be getting that in a day or two. Also waiting on the boots. Then I'm ready to go! :)

I have the Indiana Jones fedora as well. I only ware it when it rains.:yes:

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Nice!! I might have to take a trip next time I'm home. I definitely need some legos to attach to my case. If its anything like the store in Raleigh, I'm not looking forward to those crazy children that run wild in that place LOL
The last time I went was during the day on a school day, so I got to play with the Legos without any competition. :D

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm in need of a good computer to use for work as the company I work for from home uses a few applications for customer service. My old 22" just isn't cutting it. At all. So I ordered this beast and hopefully should be here soon. I also bought a new full sized Dell keyboard with a real keyboard. Not a mechanical one, but for sure not the old chicklet style that I was using.

Attachments

• 63m1.png
    63m1.png
    358.3 KB · Views: 47

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm in need of a good computer to use for work as the company I work for from home uses a few applications for customer service. My old 22" just isn't cutting it. At all. So I ordered this beast and hopefully should be here soon. I also bought a new full sized Dell keyboard with a real keyboard. Not a mechanical one, but for sure not the old chicklet style that I was using.
Sweet! :)

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I bought myself an AirPort Time Capsule last week. It is messing with the house wireless network so I have to convince the hub to switch everything over. Other than that I love it. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR