Not Feelin' the Love

chippy19977

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I am a blackberry convert and I have to say, the people who post to crackberry.com seem a lot nicer (and patient) than people on the TiPb forums. I can't tell you how many posts I've seen where users are bashing other people for not researching something before posting. You know what? That's going to happen on ANY forum you go to. So please give it a rest and BE NICE!

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm sorry you feel this way :( The behavior you are describing is discouraged but unfortunately some people can't help themselves - they have to be jerks.

@benny - no, bashing is never deserved.

Lady Kaede

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad to hear Crackberry fans are more civil. Civility and forums (forii) rarely go together for long. I can only say that compared to some Ive been in, the regular posters here are an improvement.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Actually I take resentment to the comments towards people who ask for the OP to just do a search. I've been on enough forums to know how to do a search before I ask a question. Even then I know the same info is probably there so I state in my post that I did search but for some reason nothing came up. I'm usually a pretty helpful guy I don't bother telling someone to search I just do the search and link the threads or I post what I know. However there comes a point when there are 5 same threads asking for the exact same information in two days and then someone posts the same question that has been answered in the previous 5 threads that are actually on the fist page. Especially if you are the one who wrote the answers in the previous 5 threads that is very frustrating. So I understand and support both sides of the arguement within reason. I'm not talking about bashing or name calling because that is never called for.

On a seperate note being a loyal iPhone user I hate when people compare the iPhone forums to the BB forums as if better forums means what?? a better device? better users? honestly I have a MB Pro running windows and I've been on both Mac and Windows forums. If I've ever compared different forums I compare forum to forum I don't bother saying this Windows forum is so much more helpful than this Mac forum it's just un-necessary to the point. Well that's how I feel anyway.

Last edited:

benny5173

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Let me first apologize, I'm really not a jerk. For this purpose my idea of bashing is equal to constructive criticism. I am an avid iPhone user and ALL of my questions have been answered by searching. I dont condone hurting people's feeling on purpose but I do think in this overly sensitive world we live in today some things have to be taken on the chin.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I am a blackberry convert and I have to say, the people who post to crackberry.com seem a lot nicer (and patient) than people on the TiPb forums. I can't tell you how many posts I've seen where users are bashing other people for not researching something before posting. You know what? That's going to happen on ANY forum you go to. So please give it a rest and BE NICE!

This topic has been posted many times. Do a search, noob!!

;)

Chris

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
It's only common sense to do your research on whatever topic you want. If your search is fruitless, then yes we can help. It's frustrating when I see posts that say help me jailbreak, how do I jailbreak or something related and not only is it in the wrong forum, but there are blatant answers already. We are here to help, but not hold someone's hands.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I believe in searching first, so I usually do.
However...
This forum isn't extremely busy, as far as I can tell. So really, a few redundant threads isn't going to overload the servers, or make it humanly impossible for helpful members to keep up.

Besides, answering the same questions over and over is an easy way to increase your post count, if that's important to you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal