WINDOWS 7 what do you think of it ??

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
iv just stuck it on and dont no what to make of it . it looks nice but seems more complicated .

what do yu reckon . is there anything cool it does that i haven't found ?

cheers d :)

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Honestly, I find myself cursing much much less using Windows 7 than any other version I have used. I have used Windows since Version 2.0.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I have three machines running XP and one running Win 7. I upgraded my Vista machine to Win 7 on the first day of general availability. The upgrade from Vista is very easy and certainly worth it. While I bought the family pack licenses for two of the XP machines, I have not upgraded them. Tougher upgrade.

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
i came from xp so there i fair bit of change ., try vista on my mrs pc lappy but never got on with it . imnd you i only spent an hour on it . i will keep with this for a couple of weeks and see how i go :)

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I have three machines running XP and one running Win 7. I upgraded my Vista machine to Win 7 on the first day of general availability. The upgrade from Vista is very easy and certainly worth it. While I bought the family pack licenses for two of the XP machines, I have not upgraded them. Tougher upgrade.

I bought PCMover Upgrade Assistant to migrate from XP to Win 7. Worked like a charm. I didn't have to re-install all my programs and virtually all settings remained untouched. I did have to reinstall iTunes. It found my library just fine, but wasn't seeing my iPhone or Touch. Reinstalled iTunes and all was good.

Laplink? Software - PCmover Upgrade Assistant - Migrate Computer Programs, Files and Settings

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I bought PCMover Upgrade Assistant to migrate from XP to Win 7. Worked like a charm. I didn't have to re-install all my programs and virtually all settings remained untouched. I did have to reinstall iTunes. It found my library just fine, but wasn't seeing my iPhone or Touch. Reinstalled iTunes and all was good.

Laplink? Software - PCmover Upgrade Assistant - Migrate Computer Programs, Files and Settings

I seem to recall having to re-install iTunes. I think that iTunes does not work well with the Win 7 installer. Still it is not a big deal. iTunes re-installs easily.

aureatenova

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
doesn;t seem too bad...its on my new netbook. its certainly been an adjustment from the xp on my old laptop and vista on our desktop. i do like the little widget thingies though...i have a weather one and its great

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
iv just found a problem . window 7 wont offer me a bit to upload my pics to the pc and in the devises bit it says the drivers aint installed for the phone . i cant find the drivers , any ideas ??

cheers d

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
What do you mean it won't offer you a bit to upload your pics? If you go into your folders, do you see your iPhone? Your pc won't syc automatically unless you use something like Picasa - which will still prompt you for the folder with which to sync every time you plug in.

Windows 7 just works.

I love it.

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
umm . when you say my folders where do you mean ? what i ment is like when a pluged the iphone in to xp it would pop a window up to prompt me to save my pics to the pc . i hope that makes some sense ,

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
iv just installed Picasa and that still cant see the phone . its must be down to this driver problem i suppose . i just need to find the i phone driver i would hope . any thoughts ??

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I'm enjoying Windows 7. It's what Vista should have been. I upgraded an XP Laptop and a Vista Ultimate to Home Premium. With both I used Laplinks PCMover, which worked great. Especially with keeping application like Office. Homegroup is cool too.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Toastie, are you using the 32 or 64 bit version of W7? Do you have the correct version of iTunes installed?

TOASTIE

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
i think its 32 bit , and iv re installed itunes but never saw and option for it . im totally stuck now . iv tried every thing . surly there a driver i can down load somewhere but i cant find it anywhere :(

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Like I said on your other thread, the driver is in iTunes. You might try re-installing iTunes and see if that fixes your problem.

amorok

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
umm . when you say my folders where do you mean ? what i ment is like when a pluged the iphone in to xp it would pop a window up to prompt me to save my pics to the pc . i hope that makes some sense ,

Connect your iPhone. Go to My Computer. Select your iPhone. Navigate through the folders until you get to one labeled DCIM. Open it, copy and paste the pictures found within.

Windows 7 sucks a lot less than Vista. That being said, a turd with no smell sucks a lot less than a stinky one. My next computer will be a Mac. OS X FTW!!!

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I've been using Win7 since it was officially released and am running Enterprise version on all computers at home. No problems with either 64bit or 32bit. My primary laptop is 64bit but decided to install 32bit OS on it due to some software that I use for photography not working correctly with 64bit. So far I love it, no problems and I'm more productive when I'm really in power user mode because it's handling things better then XP ever did without crashing or slowing down.

TyanColte

Feb 16, 2010
tyan.homeip.net
I absolutely love windows 7 I've had it since before the public release. Used the beta on a school computer and when it was released thru MSDNaa (Microsoft Developer Network academic alliance) immediately upgraded my vista x64 laptop to win7 pro which I love since it Microsoft finally got their act together and made cascading features up through the line of products. In other words, pro has the same exact features as home premium but with added features; winXp mode etc.
With so many new features like jump lists, windows snap and the wiggle thing It is very intuitive and streamlined not to mention windows 7 is designed to work on computers with lower system requirements so you can install it on older systems or netbooks.
I am an IT professional with multiple customers. I would recomend windows 7 to anybody who are tired of all of the headaches from previous Microsoft operating systems.
The only problem I've seen at least with my installation is that when I try to go into sleep mode an resume I will get a blue screen which has to do with my older graphics card which is not win7 certified but hibrnate works fine which is totally fine since i'd rather use hibernate anyway.
Sorry for the long post. This is just something i'm really passionate about.

Reactions: Alli

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I have been using Windows 7 since the 6801 build in October 08. It has come a long way since then and it runs great. I recommend it to all who ask about upgrading Windows. However I only recommend it after I pleaded my case for buying a Mac and they declined. If you have the horsepower and money, get it. This is a truly great product and the it's been a very long time since I have said that about M$ products.