Best Movie of 2009

c_rader

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
well i haven't had a chance to see some of the indie films like Moon, and Hurt Locker, but i would have to say that District 9 was the best of 2009 IMO.

Lady Kaede

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen Moon or The Hurt Locker or Up In The Air, but I'll remedy that in the next week or so. Avatar and The Hangover took home Golden Globes last night.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Did the new Star Trek movie come out in 2009? If so, I'd vote for that. That movie was frakking awesome!
I confess that I did not see many movies in 2009 but I did see Star Trek. I saw it on the recommendation of others. I have to agree that it is awesome. It is certainly the best Star Trek since the Wrath of Kahn and may be the best ever. The best movie that I have seen since Master and Commander.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Taken is one of those movies where you wish had always been made. The good guy kills all the bad guys without discrimination. I love it.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Can't go with just one, but here is my top 5

Avatar IMAX 3D: I would not make it number one but the 3D was the best yet. It was a great movie

Taken:Great movie start to finish.

Boondock Saints 2: I was a huge fan of the first one and this one did not disappoint.

Star Trek: The best Trek movie that I have seen and I have seen them all.

Hurt Locker: This is one of those movies that not many have seen but everyone should see.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I guess I'll have to check out Taken. Thanks. Yep, I too really liked Star Trek (it's on my iPhone!) and District 9.
Do "check it out" before watching it. It is Mel Gibson at his most violent.

This movie sets out to make a case for vigilante justice by pretending that the difference between the vigilantes and the other bad guys is significant and obvious. At least Dirty Harry carried a badge. One lost count of the number of bad guys that were blown away but that number was great enough to ensure that at least one or two had wives and children that loved them.

Those who think that they want vigilantes had better be careful what they ask for.

amorok

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Think you meant Liam Neeson, murray. As for the best movie, Grand Torino FTW. That was one of the best movies I've ever seen, I actually cried a little at the end. If you haven't seen it go to wherever you get movies from, get it however you get movies and watch it. Right now. I challenge you to support disagreement.

If it weren't for Grand Torino Taken would be it. The way he talks to his daughter at the end when she's crying and saying "You came for me, you actually came for me!" and the emotion in his(Neeson's) voice during his simple reply "I told you I would." Volumes were spoken in that short line. Another great movie.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73