I'll spare the details but a very wild night Sat night involving a few clubs, a strip club, severe buyers remorse, a Kmart, a Burger King, and a little hitch hiking resulted in a stolen iPhone.

A friend is going to let me borrow a Crackberry and I'll be mobile again as soon as I can get my hands on a SIM card that I can activate.

The good news, I won't have to go back to T9 texting *shudder*.

The bad news, I'll feel very tainted using a Crackberry.

Was the night worth it? What I can remember, yes! What I can't remember, probably hell yes.

My biggest regret? Not having Mobile Me set up on my iPhone.

*le sigh*
    12-14-2009 03:37 PM
    that sucks.

I'm not blaming you in any way but this is the biggest reason to have mobile me, if only to be able to send a remote wipe to your phone.
    12-14-2009 04:15 PM
    Yeah, I totally agree with you. There are things on the phone I would LOVE to wipe right about now. I can only hope they're not the type to be malicious about it and simply wipe it themselves before they enjoy a free iPhone.
    12-14-2009 04:23 PM
    Was it password protected at least? And setup to wipe after 10 failed attempts?
    12-14-2009 05:08 PM
    No. Believe me there are many things about the whole situation that's making me kick myself.
    12-14-2009 05:19 PM
    Question. Can't you just get mobileme now and try and find the phone. Or is there something extra that needs to be done to the phone?
    12-15-2009 10:12 AM
    Man, sorry to hear about your loss. After reading your tale & thinking on it, I finally decided to set the passcode on my iPhone. And yeah, I set it to self-destruct, er, wipe the data after ten failed entries.

I rarely if ever let my iPhone outta my sight, but just in case my next night out gets way outta hand, I'm covered.
    12-15-2009 11:32 AM
    Question. Can't you just get mobileme now and try and find the phone. Or is there something extra that needs to be done to the phone?
    you have to setup mobileme on the phone itself. I also believe you have to select the "find my iphone" toggle as well.
    12-15-2009 11:44 AM
    Yeah, I rarely ever let my phone out of my sight either. Most of the time I'm multitasking between that and my laptop. That's why I never even set it to autolock. It was too much of a PIA to have to unlock it every few minutes.

And yeah, you have to set up MobileMe on the phone itself.
    12-15-2009 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD