How many snowboarders are there on TiPB?

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
The CO poll made me wonder. I spend my whole winter snowboarding, anyone else?

Another fun fact that the non snowboarders might think is interesting: I would estimate that at least 75% of pro snowboarders use iPhones. It makes zero sense seeing as it is so easy to smash your iPhone while riding, and you can't even use it with gloves on, but snowboarders still end up being iPhone fanboys.

mperkel

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
I am! Just wondering, is it safe to use the iPhone snowboarding? I'm using an Incase slider with screen protector. Is the cold alright? Should I ever take it out while riding? Just use iPhone headphones fed through my suit, what do people think.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
The CO poll made me wonder. I spend my whole winter snowboarding, anyone else?

Another fun fact that the non snowboarders might think is interesting: I would estimate that at least 75% of pro snowboarders use iPhones. It makes zero sense seeing as it is so easy to smash your iPhone while riding, and you can't even use it with gloves on, but snowboarders still end up being iPhone fanboys.

Snowboarders use Sidekicks, prefer motorcycles to horses, and outboards to sailboats.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I am. I just never bring mine when I'm riding for two reasons. 1. I'm out there to enjoy nature. 2. You never know when or where you may take a fall. Not worth damaging a device.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I can't ski or snowboard, but I know how to how to properly fit people for them and how to tell if they are right foot forward or not. I can also tune and de-tune and clean the hell out of a pair of skis or a snowboard that has been run over the gravel.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Snowboarders use Sidekicks, prefer motorcycles to horses, and outboards to sailboats.

I do not know a single snowboarder that uses a sidekick. I'd say a pretty good portion of humanity would prefer a motorcycle or outboard to a horse or sailboat respectively. If I'm missing a joke please explain it because I'm not sure what point you were trying to make otherwise?

Uproarmedia

Nov 3, 2009
www.uproarmedia.com
I used to snowboard quite a bit. Broke both of my bones in my left lower leg completely 2 years ago in the summer time. I haven't been able to get my boot back on that foot since. I ride Burton strapless bindings which the boots are really stiff. Maybe I'll try again this year, we'll see. I do miss it though.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I used to snowboard quite a bit. Broke both of my bones in my left lower leg completely 2 years ago in the summer time. I haven't been able to get my boot back on that foot since. I ride Burton strapless bindings which the boots are really stiff. Maybe I'll try again this year, we'll see. I do miss it though.

When I tore up my knee, about every second night I dreamed that I was at the top of the mountain and could not get down. Mud, broken equipment, something. While the knee still hurts, I have had thirty years of skiing that I thought I would not have.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
.......Is the cold alright? ........
My classic iPod used to quit when it got cold. I do not know whether it was electronic or mechanical. I keep the iPhone inside all my gear, as close to my body as possible. As long as it stays warm, the beat goes on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro