The meaning behind your User Name

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Mine is a nickname that they started calling me in the office in 2005. It comes from my last name.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I've used acecommander ever since I got my first dial up email account free from juno.com. My wife and I rescue retired racing greyhounds, and one of them (Acecommander) was the last surviving son of a prolific and profitable sire named HB Commander. HB Commander sired over 4000 pups after a great racing career, and died before his time of a heart attack (go figure out why!)

We had Acecommander for over 10 years, and he was a regal, reserved, and loyal friend.

RIP
Click to view quoted image

Mine is similar- rescued Phreddy from the pound when he was 8 weeks old- Lab shepherd mix- When I looked for screen names many moons ago believe it or not Phreddy was taken so I added the "L" for my last name. We had him for over 11 years before lymphoma got him about 8 years ago- still miss him! RIP

Apple_Fangirl06

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I picked my name b/c it was the most suttle out of nick names I've been accused of being (Apple Snob, Apple Elititist & Apple Obsessed. I really don't understand why my co-workers, family & friends think such things abt me :D.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I was named "Cleveland" after Ryan McCombs of Drowning Pool/SOiL randomly one night in 2005 called me that - we are both die hard Browns fans so it kinda stuck lol

When I'm on the road with whatever band I'm working with ... People can say Cleveland and they are talking about when they where there or whatever and my head snaps to see if someone needs me, but you could scream "John" at me and I'd never even flinch or hear it haha too funny

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Now you're bringing back memories. I tell my kids about the early days of the Internet and they have no idea what I'm referring to. They cannot fathom pre-world wide web. Anyway, I was associated with Compuserve. I started out with a 300 baud external modem and I was very active on the bulletin boards. Heck, that's where the games were and any other stuff you were seeking. By the way, do you remember the Genie service? Anyway, in regard to my username, it is nothing special. D is the first letter of my first name but heck, almost everyone calls me D anyway so my universal signature is Just Me, D.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Yes I had Compuserve, Genie, AOL (I was a charter member), Prodigy, etc I think I tried them ALL!

MunchkinD13

Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My nickname over the years has been Munchkin. I'm short if you haven't already figured that out. I was also a Munchkin in the Wizard of Oz in college. The D is my first initial and the 13 is my lucky number. I find MunchkinD13 is great for social media because it is a user name that is never taken. Chances are anywhere you find MunchkinD13 on the web it's me. ;)

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
It's my 'online alias'. Which has changed drastically over the years. I started out with just Rei 6, then made iterations of that name, ultimately changing when I got bored of it.
Bias has stuck with me for over a year or so now. It started with "offensive bias" because of my tendency to have a rushing, attacking, always on the offense, kind of play style. It was also the name for a halo character. Yeahhhh.

windrider07

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Based on the username I had for the last MMORPG I committed to (and am now retired from). windrider07 = To ride through any battle I go through like the wind...making sure enemies can feel me killing them without actually seeing me (yes, very symbolic). 07 = the year I graduated high school and also the same number I carried from my old username I had prior. My brother was 7 years old (I think) when I created my prior username.

SurfStoked

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
As cheesy as it may sound I actually started using this name back in high school when surfing was a big part of my life. I love being in the ocean but unfortunately I'm finding it more and more difficult to find time to surf as life progresses.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine is my mums dogs name that she bought when I went over to America to visit her in 2003. I claimed him as mine and he loved me and I him. He was a 80 pound Rottweiler that thought he was still a lap dog. Love that guy. He's still around but the only way I get to see him is my weekly Skype call to my mum in Alaska from here in Australia.

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk

playerout

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine is because of one of my occupations...I'm a texas hold'em dealer in the "spare time"....so when I entered the community I thought it could be a nice name...says something about me! Not all, fortunately I'm not a texas addict..It's just a job :D