I swear I think my house is haunted

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
We currently manage a Bed and Breakfast, just for a few more weeks. I could swear on a Bible that it's haunted. Down in the basement is where the washers and dryers are.

Two days ago I put our laundry in, put the detergent in, and shut the lids on both. This morning I went to change it out and one lid was open, hasn't even washed or rinsed. The laundry is just sitting in the water with the lid open.

Now this is not the first time this has happened. I know for a fact that I shut the doors of the washers when I walk back up and then later I go down there to find either one or both in the up and open position, not going.

Our B&B used to be a field hospital during the Civil War. It was built in 1840 something. So it wouldn't surprise me if it is not haunted. I think the Yankees are playing tricks on me, right Duvi??? Simply cuz I'm a Braves fan and hate the Yankees.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
wow, that's a lot of history for the place to have nothing going on. creepy. u sure it's not your wife/partner/other playing a trick on you?

i had a weird thing happen to me this AM too. went downstairs to workout and after doing a round of push-ups noticed 3 1-inch scratch marks on my arm. they weren't all grouped together nor were they in the same place on my arm. i could understand if they were together then i would associate it with bumping into a wall or something causing the scratch marks. but this was weird. fine 1 second, there the next.

must be a halloween thing.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, my wife isn't here. She's out of town for a few more days. Besides, even when she's here, she doesn't do the laundry. At least not our stuff. I can't stand the way she folds clothes. I'm anal about my clothes being folded. :D

So I know it can't be her. And yeah, I'm surprised that not much else happens around here. I would expect much more from a place like this.

Our neighbors told us that before this place was renovated, you could see the markings on the walls from where the Yanks and Rebs and carved their names into the walls and studs. But the morons who renovated it covered it all up with plaster and stuff.