New to the Mac need some help....pLeAsE!!!

supermanfos

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Need Some Mac Help!!!!

I just bought my Mac Mini about a month ago. I come from a PC background and I am pretty new to the Mac. I downloaded the new Snow Leopard upgrade.

This is my problem, my Documents folder on my Dock is not "Stacking", it keeps "Fanning" which it did before the upgrade. I thought you would be able to view the documents in a stackable view on the Dock, which saves you time having to visit the Finder every 2 secs. I looked in preferences & settings. I thought there would be a way to switch from "Fanning View" to "Stack View" but nothing! Anyone have any advice or am I missing something..... :confused:

Last edited:

supermanfos

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I tried that... nothing. When i put the mouse over the Document folder it doesn't do anything. It just highlights the folder & says Documents. Then of course when I click on the folder it "Fans out" instead of the "Stack View".

bosox0898

May 24, 2009
Visit site
is your dock on the left or right side of the screen. If so it will always "fan out" it has to be on the bottom to show the stacked view.

bosox0898

May 24, 2009
Visit site
are you looking for this?
Picture2.png

supermanfos

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
BINGO!!! I put the dock on the left side like you and I clicked on Documents & guess what it showed the Stack View. I didn't know the Dock had to be placed on the side in order to view documents on the dock in stack view. I prefer to keep the dock on the bottom but stack view wins. Thanks for your help.

sturamsden

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
It shouldn't matter where you put the dock. Just right-click the folder (on your dock) and you will be able to change all of its settings. To get it like the picture above, just right-click and select "Grid" under 'View content as'.