Psyched for 3GS purchase day!

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
i finally get my 3GS saturday 8/1. it will kill me to have to wait until late afternoon. i have to help a friend move from one house to another in the AM, then family time @ the county fair early PM. did research that AT&T doesn't close until 7PM that day. so the 3GS will be mine on the appropriate date (meaning big red's 2-year contract is up). here's to hoping the AT&T store has 3GS white (or black...don't care anymore) in stock! closest Apple store to me is over 2 hours away.

been a good run with Verizon. have to say i was overall happy with their service. they just have boring phones. :/

i already have my incase slider (flourescent green color) and apps a-plenty awaiting my iphone in itunes. can't wait to get my hands on it!! seems like a marvelous device.

and i'll probably end up JBing it within a week or 2. want to get used to the features of the iphone first. coming from a BB, it may take some getting used to. thank God for TiPb and all of the informative members on here! i've already learned a ton, and am not even officially an owner yet. :)

thanks all!

geeanywhere

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to future 3G(S) user!!! I too left big red for the 3G(S) but in order for me to do so, I had to order mine from the company itself. I had the 3G for about 4 days til mine was shipped to the store. I strongly suggest you doing this as well.
I jb'ed my 3G(S) within the hour of bringing it home. I love the 3rd party apps. So much to venture with it. Here is the downfall... BB is and will always be more secured then iphone. I did my research and tested out the security and I hacked into my gf's iphone within minutes so be very careful coming from a former bb user to another. But other than that. HAVE FUN BRO!!!!!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Let's hope after all that, that your AT&T store has plenty in stock! I know what ya mean about the Apple store. I'm also 2 hours from the nearest one, but I took that drive to get my 3GS - and I haven't been sorry at all!

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Love how you've posted 86 times before you even bought the phone! Reminds me of NellyBelly...

And the nearest Apple store from me is 2 blocks... :D

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
No, but since everyone else was volunteering their distance I thought I would do the same. I believe the saying is "Quid Pro Quo", but being academic was never my forte...

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
Love how you've posted 86 times before you even bought the phone! Reminds me of NellyBelly...

And the nearest Apple store from me is 2 blocks... :D

yeah i have done a lot of research on TiPb. i've had a lot of questions answered by many of you already. looked into mobileme, considered the ups and downs of jailbreaking, researched what apps work, what doesn't...

all in all i LOVE this site! even without owning and messing with my own iPhone, i am still able to help others. i am pretty tech-savvy. and in reading tons of posts here on TiPb, i can direct or answer questions to other members just simply by remembering what/where i read it.

i just called the AT&T store here, and they have lots of 16GB models, and "some" 32GB. i will call back saturday AM and have them hold one. pray they don't sell out of 32GB's by then!!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Let's hope after all that, that your AT&T store has plenty in stock! I know what ya mean about the Apple store. I'm also 2 hours from the nearest one, but I took that drive to get my 3GS - and I haven't been sorry at all!

I am probably one of the lucky few to have 3 Apple stores within 15 miles of my house. Made it really easy to get a 3GS a week after release day.(thats when I finally decided to get one)

And congrats to the OP for when you pick up your iphone. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2