i finally get my 3GS saturday 8/1. it will kill me to have to wait until late afternoon. i have to help a friend move from one house to another in the AM, then family time @ the county fair early PM. did research that AT&T doesn't close until 7PM that day. so the 3GS will be mine on the appropriate date (meaning big red's 2-year contract is up). here's to hoping the AT&T store has 3GS white (or black...don't care anymore) in stock! closest Apple store to me is over 2 hours away.

been a good run with Verizon. have to say i was overall happy with their service. they just have boring phones. :/

i already have my incase slider (flourescent green color) and apps a-plenty awaiting my iphone in itunes. can't wait to get my hands on it!! seems like a marvelous device.

and i'll probably end up JBing it within a week or 2. want to get used to the features of the iphone first. coming from a BB, it may take some getting used to. thank God for TiPb and all of the informative members on here! i've already learned a ton, and am not even officially an owner yet.

thanks all!
    07-29-2009 08:04 AM
    Welcome to future 3G(S) user!!! I too left big red for the 3G(S) but in order for me to do so, I had to order mine from the company itself. I had the 3G for about 4 days til mine was shipped to the store. I strongly suggest you doing this as well.
    I jb'ed my 3G(S) within the hour of bringing it home. I love the 3rd party apps. So much to venture with it. Here is the downfall... BB is and will always be more secured then iphone. I did my research and tested out the security and I hacked into my gf's iphone within minutes so be very careful coming from a former bb user to another. But other than that. HAVE FUN BRO!!!!!
    07-29-2009 08:38 AM
    Let's hope after all that, that your AT&T store has plenty in stock! I know what ya mean about the Apple store. I'm also 2 hours from the nearest one, but I took that drive to get my 3GS - and I haven't been sorry at all!
    07-29-2009 10:53 AM
    Love how you've posted 86 times before you even bought the phone! Reminds me of NellyBelly...

And the nearest Apple store from me is 2 blocks...
    07-29-2009 03:17 PM
    Did we ask you about where your nearest Apple store was?
    07-29-2009 03:41 PM
    No, but since everyone else was volunteering their distance I thought I would do the same. I believe the saying is "Quid Pro Quo", but being academic was never my forte...
    07-29-2009 03:45 PM
    Love how you've posted 86 times before you even bought the phone! Reminds me of NellyBelly...

And the nearest Apple store from me is 2 blocks...
    yeah i have done a lot of research on TiPb. i've had a lot of questions answered by many of you already. looked into mobileme, considered the ups and downs of jailbreaking, researched what apps work, what doesn't...

all in all i LOVE this site! even without owning and messing with my own iPhone, i am still able to help others. i am pretty tech-savvy. and in reading tons of posts here on TiPb, i can direct or answer questions to other members just simply by remembering what/where i read it.

i just called the AT&T store here, and they have lots of 16GB models, and "some" 32GB. i will call back saturday AM and have them hold one. pray they don't sell out of 32GB's by then!!
    07-29-2009 06:11 PM
    Fingers are crossed for ya!
    07-29-2009 06:20 PM
    Let's hope after all that, that your AT&T store has plenty in stock! I know what ya mean about the Apple store. I'm also 2 hours from the nearest one, but I took that drive to get my 3GS - and I haven't been sorry at all!

I am probably one of the lucky few to have 3 Apple stores within 15 miles of my house. Made it really easy to get a 3GS a week after release day.(thats when I finally decided to get one)

And congrats to the OP for when you pick up your iphone.
    07-29-2009 06:31 PM
    Hope it works out for ya. You'll love it.
    07-29-2009 07:39 PM
    Garz, I'm putting both you and Jamesus on /ignore. :P

(j/k)
    07-29-2009 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD