Introduce Yourself Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You absolutely can learn a lot between now and then. Not only that, but you can watch for promo codes, and get apps so that when you get your iPhone, you can instantly load it with apps!

i_nut

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
You absolutely can learn a lot between now and then. Not only that, but you can watch for promo codes, and get apps so that when you get your iPhone, you can instantly load it with apps!

Thanks, Alli. We're both pretty excited and anxious. There are soo many apps for this thing...it's ridiculous! We can't wait.:)

DocGo

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
Hello, I just joined this community. Have been a long time BB user, but over the past year, have been switching between a BB and 3G iphone back and forth...then the 3GS came out...now I am a full time iPhone user.

errtex#IM

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Allow me to introduce myself...

Hello,

My name is Eric. I've always used blackberry, but I.... I think... uh.... I think...

....I'm in love with my new iPhone 3Gs.

There. I said it.... and I feel muuuuuuch better now. :p

Hope to chat with and learn from you all (or y'all, as we say here in Texas)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to our 12 step nonrecovery program. With each step you will find yourself craving more apps, and finding yourself less able to part from your iPhone.

We say "y'all" in Alabackwards, too!

DeHelpDeskert

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi All,

My name is Richard and am from the Netherlands 34 years of age almost 35 (time flies). I have my iphone since last weekend 17-07-2009 and i love it. I had more smartphones but none as smart as the iphone. Now i am trying to find out everything i can about this phone and its possibilities, and they are almost endless. So thats how i came here.

But i also have a question right away and it has nothing to do with the Iphone but with my profile on this forum? I cant edit my profile? Cant upload an avatar the only thing i can do is change my name and e-mail. Is there a reason for this? Since i see user with avatars?

Hope to hear from you people!

Kind regards,

Richard

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi Richard. I barely remember back when I was 35. ;) You'll be able to edit your profile and upload an avatar after you've increased your post count. (Social forum posts don't count.)

Nice to have you here!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Just saying Hi

Hello everyone, I'm from Canada. I work in downtown Toronto in IT as a network admin. I have had an Iphone since they first launched I had an unlocked Edge 8GB which I still have an love. I then moved up to a 16GB 3G still Jailbroken because I have always bought them outright and refuse to use the data plans because I just don't need it. The places that I would acess internet, e-mail, etc. all have Wifi so I have no need for the Edge/3G network. I started listening to the TiPb podcasts and thought I would check out the forums.

caspianx67

Jul 21, 2009
www.mattnewby.com
Hi! I'm a newbie (at least to the iPhone anyway)! And I use a PC... :) Lesse here, I'm a senior web application developer, photographer, and musician. I used to use a Mac at the office, a long time ago when the USAF was using them on the desktop (Appletalk networks, anyone?), but otherwise, I've been employed using Windows PCs and servers, and various flavors of Unix. I've also been a Palm user for quite a few years -- back to the m500 and T|2 that I still carry around. I just bought the 3GS in the past few weeks, and am really enjoying it.

I found the TiPb site while looking for a good case for the phone -- I've got a couple of the Otterbox Impact Series skins on the way -- and decided to poke around on the rest of the site.

As a newcomer to the forum, here's a little feedback on the signup process: it's too confusing! When I register for a forum, one of the first things I do after the email confirmation step is update my profile. When I try to update the profile here, I get the following message:

caspianx67, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

This had me stumped for a while -- I didn't know if my account was active yet or not, so I ended up poking the link in the first email a few times to try to activate the account. The error indicates that the account was awaiting activation, when, in fact, it wasn't. The SECOND email I received, welcoming me to the forum, let me know of the minimum posting requirement prior to unlocking the ability to edit my profile. I can appreciate the extra steps needed to ensure that the forum doesn't get clogged with spammers (Lord knows I see enough spam, working in the industry), but I think that info should be in the first email, or on the catching page after registering, and definitely in the error message!

Overall, I'm liking what I'm seeing here on the forum -- looks like lots of useful information for someone just starting out with one of these devices -- but the new user experience needs a little polish!

-matt

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Most forums have gone to a method of not allowing newbies to post much due to the overabundance of spammers. Most people won't read all the newcomer stuff so it's become pointless to add in the information that you can't do x, y, z until you've obtained x number of posts. You'll figure it out. As you did.

Just keep posting, and before ya know it, you'll be able to do anything!

mekka

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I'm Mary from Manchester, UK. I have just bought my first Iphone the 3GS. I'm loving it! All the more because of the new ringtones downloaded from here. Thanks to those that have posted them. I'm a bit of a tech-dunce and things like that are great for me.

Nice to finally be posting on here.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I'm Mary from Manchester, UK. I have just bought my first Iphone the 3GS. I'm loving it! All the more because of the new ringtones downloaded from here. Thanks to those that have posted them. I'm a bit of a tech-dunce and things like that are great for me.

Nice to finally be posting on here.

Glad to have you mary.

Fuentes84

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi I'm George from Boston Massachusetts, just bought a 32gb 3gs and I love everything about it. The video camera works great, well just tought I'd introduce myself to everyone. " GO RED-SOX " :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW