Welcome to all the new comers!
    06-28-2009 04:40 PM
    Hello All, I am a iPhone convert. Had a Blackberry but got very sick of it so I tossed it and got my first iPhone and I am very glad I did. I enjoy it very much. Now my wife is so jealous that she wants to toss her Bold for a iPhone...lol
    06-29-2009 10:12 AM
    Hello All, I am a iPhone convert. Had a Blackberry but got very sick of it so I tossed it and got my first iPhone and I am very glad I did. I enjoy it very much. Now my wife is so jealous that she wants to toss her Bold for a iPhone...lol
    Welcome Gary!
    06-29-2009 10:13 AM
    I am considering moving from the Treo 755P (have been a longtime contributor to treocentral), and have joined here after many months of lurking.

Love all the information and help here.

Should I make the jump?? Who knows......

Craig
    06-30-2009 02:54 PM
    hey everyone,

first off, i love the blog and forum section here on TiPb!! i've already learned so much about iPhones and i have yet to even purchase mine. i'm still living in the world of BB Curve 8330. but soon enough (next month) i will be one proud owner of an iPhone 3GS 32gb! can't wait.

i've had about 5 years of smartphone experience. went from the Palm Treo 700P to the BB Curve. had likes and dislikes about both. but i'm really looking forward to the interface and snappiness of the 3GS. yes, the other phones have most of the same technologies that Apple iPhones are using...but the graphics and beautiful interface of the iPhone blows the competition away! why use a boring looking app when you can use the iPhone app with a much more appealing design?

anyway, just wanted to say 'hey'. working on getting my 10 posts here on the forum so i can better utilize the site. hope to meet some of you soon.

josh
    06-30-2009 03:13 PM
    Looks like you're working that post count up quickly! Welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll be happy once you get that iPhone. It even feels good in your hand!
    06-30-2009 07:39 PM
    Not sure how I missed this. Been lurking for a while, and slowly getting a tad more vocal...err typal?

I don't have an iPhone as of yet, 8/2/09 my time with TMobile comes to an end. They were good to me, initially, giving me coverage where Sprint and ATT ( before ATT was Cingular ) could not. Of course this was close to 6 years ago now.

I'm only recent ( 2 years ) on the smart phone train, though I sometimes wonder how "smart" you can call a WinMo phone . It's done what I've needed, albeit slowly, and sometimes quite reluctantly, and I've watched text messages disappear after restarts, and tmobile service in my area degrade of the last few years.

I'd considered getting the upcoming new Android phone on TMo, but with the coverage starting to fall off here and where I am looking at moving it was from from the ideal choice. I looked at going to Verizon, but no phones really sparked my interest. The 2 big ones fighting for my monthly stipend ended up being Sprint & the Palm Pre and ATT & the iPhone.

I've spent the better part of the last month comparing, looking at contract prices, what ends up best for me. My girlfriend already thinks I'm too picky when it comes to electronics, but this entertained her to no end, as I would update her every evening on what I had found out, what the pros and cons were for each for me.

After seeing threaded messaging on my friends Treo, I knew that was a feature I really wanted. Both phones had it. What it came down to was 2 fold.

1 - I could get the cheapest plan and still be fine on AT&T. Most of my minutes are spent talking with my gf who is also on AT&T and so all those will be free mobile to mobile. Add in the roll-over and I expect I'll be fine.

2 - The Pre is a pretty little phone, but it's just too new for me. As a software developer, I'm always wary of being an early adopter ( I know my code isn't perfect ).

So, with being able to save a few bucks, and better coverage in a few areas I frequent, the iPhone won out. Add the fact the 3GS was announced right when I was doing all the comparisons it made the decision a tad easier.

I KNOW I won't use the phone to it's full potential, I'm a moderate texter & caller with VERY light data usage and really don't see myself using the phone for games, but I'll enjoy it none the less

And apparently I can type a lot when given the chance :o
    06-30-2009 08:28 PM
    Just wait until you try to type that much on the virtual iPhone keyboard! LOL!

Welcome to the forums.
    07-01-2009 01:46 AM
    Hello all. I just bought my 3Gs today and a friend of mine sent me the link to this forum, so you can blame him for all my dumb questions and lame attempts at humor.

I look forward to learning lots and hopefully contributuing a bit as well.

Woof!
    07-02-2009 09:45 AM
    Hello, my name is Mike, and I'm an iPhone-oholic.

I'm also developing a new Google Reader front-end for iPhone called Newsie, which is currently in a private alpha test: h t t p : / / InstantVoodooMagic . com

I don't know why I haven't signed on to this forum earlier, but I'm here now, so... Hi everyone!
    07-03-2009 01:50 PM
    Just wanted to say hello to all of the users here at the iphone blog. I just joined today as I am thinking of getting a 3gs in the near future. Any tips and advice would be great.

Kind Regards
    Quinn
    07-04-2009 05:27 PM
    Im Josh hello everybody
    07-06-2009 04:26 AM
    Hi Josh.

Dang...this is starting to sound like the beginning of a 12 step meeting!
    07-06-2009 10:09 AM
    Hi,

Just wanted to say hello. I've got a 3G and develop software for the iPhone.

Heath
    07-07-2009 10:14 AM
    Hello all: I'm new to the forums and to the Iphone. I'm coming over from the BB world and the CB forum. I just wanted to say hello.
    07-07-2009 10:49 AM
    Gotta be more crackberry converts than WinPho converts! Welcome to the bright side!
    07-07-2009 02:58 PM
    Not a CB convert, but glad to be here anyways.
    07-07-2009 03:06 PM
    Hello everyone! My name is Jr. and I'm a iPhone noob. I recently converted from my Blackberry Bold (which I loved) because the iPhone seems to suit me better for my day to day life. I was not able to utilize the business minded features of BB. So far my iPhone has been great! I love searching the app store and the fact that it's an iPod is icing on the cake! Hopefully I'll post more often here and meet great people in the process!

Jr.
    07-07-2009 08:47 PM
    Nice to have you with us, Jr!
    07-07-2009 09:18 PM
    Hi my is Danny I'm Houston, TX. I just got the 3gS yesterday. So decieded to hop in a forum cause like to keep in touch with people. So far it's been great. Only issue was gettin it set up at the AT&T store. But that was cause system was working slow.
    07-09-2009 02:41 PM
    Hi Danny, and welcome to TiPB forums! You're going to be very very happy.
    07-09-2009 06:20 PM
    Ok so as I am watching my sisters house for the next 10 days I found that in most of the house I have little to no service. As I was cursing tmobile my girlfriend told me to just go get the iPhone already. So I got the 32 gb white 3gs. I was kinda bugged at the apple guys who were nice enough but didn't really help me through the signup process and left me with an area code that I couldn't port my existing number to. A call to AT&T and this amazing rep named Amber cleared up my problem and she gave me a new number and called me back to make sure it was working properly.

I am very pleased with my iPhone to where I have no dead pixels the video it takes it quite impressive for a phone and the only thing I found myself wanting last night was a flash on the camera, bit excluding that my friends with pres were impressed with the iPhone and want it available on sprint lol.

Oh and I posted this novel from my phone
    07-12-2009 03:13 PM
    Well thank goodness! I am relieved that you finally got it.
    07-12-2009 04:15 PM
    I've posted a little before but I'll formally introduce myself.

I'm an electrical engineering student at the University of Tennessee who's been an apple hater all his life. I hate the way apple does business and I would have nothing to do with the iPhone were it not for a miracle. You see I'm also an AT&T sales rep. I actually had a lady come into my store with an original iPhone with the infamous dead strip problem. She was eligible to upgrade and went ahead and bought a 3G from me. She was walking out of the store and left her old iphone on the counter. I stopped her as she was leaving and she told me to keep it. Thinking it was unserviceable, I thought nothing of it. A few days later I made an appointment at the Apple store figuring that even if they charged me the $200 to replace the screen, it was still cheaper than buying a new one. Keep in mind at this point I was using an HTC Tilt from AT&T as my company use phone, so any upgrade would have been worth the money. The genius said that my iPhone matched a series of iPhones that had the infamous dead strip problem and that the warranty had been extended to cover this. WHAT! FREE IPHONE!!! WIN!!!

So I dove head first into using the iphone and I suddenly became aware of how much better the iPhone was to use for internet browsing. I was content on using wifi at home, work, and school. However, as I started using it for various things outside these places, I realized I needed 3G BADLY. So come pay day three months later, someone was selling an 8gb iPhone 3G for $400 on craigslist. So I bought it and it was working fine. I went on ebay and sold my 8gb 2G for $300 with a boatload of accessories (I realize I could have gotten more, but I figure I'd pass the savings along to some lucky shmoe and even helped him unlock it for t-mobile using the How-To guide on this site). Even then, $100 for an iPhone 3G with no contract and on a company paid line is about as good as you can get (plus I can tether all I want to without any charges!).

At this point I had a coworker of mine add my UDID to his dev list and I'd been using the 3.0 beta exclusively until 3.0 final was released and I felt really bored with it considering I'd had all these features for months beforehand. So I got into the jailbreaking scene and I've been hooked ever since. I will never ever go back. Of course I have to be really careful to turn off all my winterboard mods and hide the jailbroken related icons when I go to work so that I won't be ratted out or confuse customers.

As for me personally, I love social media like Twitter and Loopt. I've also been a Sprint customer personally for over 10 years and I still keep that phone active because I love the service and my parents pay the bill (double bonus!). I'm also an active member of the PPCGeek community which is entirely dedicated to customer ROM and software development for Windows Mobile devices, mainly on CDMA carriers. I love both phones and each serves a different purpose. I consider my Touch Pro a workhouse or a mobiel Swiss Army Knife. I have Skyfire to load full flash pages like Hulu. I have WMWifiRouter to share my sprint connection with any capable laptop (I might be getting MyWi soon to replace this because I have a cap on my Sprint data usage). If I only had one phone, this would be the one I'd keep. However, every week there's something new on the iPhone that replaces something I do with my Windows Mobile phone.

I'll make the argument that the iPhone is still not there yet when compared to the capabilities of Windows Mobile. But what it lacks in workhorse features, it makes up for that in usability and "coolness" in spades. I'll be an iPhone user for the rest of my life.

Sorry about the long introduction but I'd like to think that I come from a slightly different viewpoint (being a WinMo and sprint fan to the death) than many users here and I think that is a testament to the wide appeal of this device and the community surrounding it.
    07-12-2009 09:29 PM
    Trust me - you don't come from that different a viewpoint. lol!

BTW - followed ya back on Twitter. I LOVE the name...thought it was my son for a minute!
    07-12-2009 09:59 PM
720 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD