Introduce Yourself Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enforcer25

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Switched from Bold to 3GS

First time Iphone user, I have been using an Ipod for a long time. I had a Bold and my brother bought the 16GB 3GS and told me I should get one. I have been looking at the 3GS for a while now and decided to sell my Bold and buy one. I couldn't be happier. I do miss seeing the red light blink on my Bold when I had email, but I really don't need instant email notification. Setting up my work and personal email was easy, actually my work email took a little time, but it works now. I have already downloaded some apps and the browser is awesome. I have really enjoyed this phone so far. One other thing I miss on my Iphone is the profiles I could set for my phone and individual signatures for my email accounts, but these are small things and hopefully will be addressed down the road. Now over to Crackberry to change my profile.

kristinlynn#IM

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
First time Iphone user, I have been using an Ipod for a long time. I had a Bold and my brother bought the 16GB 3GS and told me I should get one. I have been looking at the 3GS for a while now and decided to sell my Bold and buy one. I couldn't be happier. I do miss seeing the red light blink on my Bold when I had email, but I really don't need instant email notification. Setting up my work and personal email was easy, actually my work email took a little time, but it works now. I have already downloaded some apps and the browser is awesome. I have really enjoyed this phone so far. One other thing I miss on my Iphone is the profiles I could set for my phone and individual signatures for my email accounts, but these are small things and hopefully will be addressed down the road. Now over to Crackberry to change my profile.

We're pretty much in the same boat. :)

PwettyBird

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Hello. my name is Raven and I'm from a state called Indiana. I have only had my iphone for alittle under a week now and I am still trying to get used to it. I semi-like it but I am semi still trying to get used to it. Before my IPhone I had a pantech matrix..I love meeting new people and making new friends!

Enforcer25

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Lot of former berry users

Welcome to the forums PwettyBird and KristiLynn, fellow Hoosier here PwettyBird. I'm missing my BB Bold less each day and I'm really enjoying the Iphone and glad I made the switch.

barnettj

Sep 5, 2009
Visit site
Hello everybody. Just got my first iPhone a few days ago. I am loving it so far. That whole "there's an app for that" thing is true. I didn't realize the app store had so much stuff. Still learning and having fun with it.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Hello everybody. Just got my first iPhone a few days ago. I am loving it so far. That whole "there's an app for that" thing is true. I didn't realize the app store had so much stuff. Still learning and having fun with it.

Welcome to the forums and congrats on getting your iPhone.

WilliamStern

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
New guy from Miami, Fl. here.

Name is William from Miami. I'm an iPhone newbie about to break my first month with it. I left Blackberry for it, and I've gotta say I don't regret it one bit.

rmcnelly#IM

Aug 30, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone. My name is Rick and I jumped ship from a Sprint Centro to a 3GS 32GB iPhone last Friday. I'm very impressed with the speed of the phone, but unfortunately AT&T has some poor reception areas in my apartment complex. I'm overwhelmed by the sheer number of apps in the store but have already found a few jewels: iBird Pro, Radar Scope, AccuWeather, Pandora, AyeTides, and of course many games (but love Paper Toss).

Hope to learn as much as possible from the forum.

Thanks!

--Rick

rcsanderford

Sep 13, 2009
Visit site
.zip to .ipsw

Hello fellow iphoners. My name's Ray and I'm a new member as of 9/13/09. I'm one of the not particularly bright individuals who upgraded my 2g to 3.1, without knowing I wouldn't be able to re-unlock it :( Hopefully the option to re-unlock it will become available in the coming weeks. Thanks to the dev team for their hard work on that front. Even though I'm locked at this point it's been a valuable learning experience. I was particularly pleased when I figured out that the downloaded .zip file containing the 3.0 version software simply needed to be renamed with an .ipsw filename extension to make it useable to redsnow. Cheers!

iBreezyb

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
Hey. My name is Breon. I've had an iPhone since the first one. I read the blog a lot so I thought it would be cool to get involved. I have a 32gb 3GS now. w00t!

Last edited:

mtheartist

Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Wow, I finally found the right place in the forums. I joined yesterday and was frustated with the search for the "introductions" forum. I actually made 3 posts prior to this one so I hope I didn't break any rules. I'm a former Blackberry user and I have to say that I was one of the many skeptics that questioned iPhone's capabilities. I not only used RIM's products, I'm also a former salesman for one of the "Big Three" in the US market. I have to say that I was so impressed with my new 3G S's performance that I will not be switching to another manufacturer. I'm a permanent Apple user. I even purchased a MacBook Pro in late July. I love them both. I still have a PC but it's pretty much just sitting there now. Thank you everyone for all your valuable information and look forward to acquiring tons of knowledge. Thank you for having me here.

Status
Not open for further replies.