Pre went on sale in Manhattan to a line of 11 people, the first guy getting there only an hour early.

The Pre’s soggy debut - Apple 2.0
    06-05-2009 08:07 PM
    Most places in Chicago sold out. My girlfriend wanted one and we couldn't find one today. Oh well...
    06-06-2009 07:37 PM
    I like how he was persuaded to buy a "wireless charger." Makes it sound like some magic charger that charges without being plugged in. I think "car charger" or something along those lines might have a been a little more accurate.
    06-08-2009 01:57 AM
    Actually, the Touchstone charger is not a car charger. It is and it isn't wireless. Of course the charger itself has to plug into a wall outlet, but the device doesn't have to plug into it - think of the way your electric toothbrush charges.
    06-08-2009 08:14 AM
    I like how he was persuaded to buy a "wireless charger." Makes it sound like some magic charger that charges without being plugged in. I think "car charger" or something along those lines might have a been a little more accurate.
    I believe he was talking about the $70 Touchstone charger which pretty much is a magic charger that charges the phone without needing to plug anything into the phone.
    06-08-2009 08:20 AM
    I like the idea of the touchstone charger - one less thing that needs to break. How many times have we seen the charging/USB cables tear over use?
    06-08-2009 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD