AT&T or T-Mobile

Kickstar13

May 4, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone! I have an unlocked jailbroken iPhone 2g and I'm using it on T-Mobile's network. The question is should I switch to AT&T? AT&T has all the newest phones and they have pretty nice coverage in my area. I get 0-1 bars in my house from T-Mobile :(

Kickstar13

May 4, 2009
Visit site
Well I talked to T-mobile about the bad coverage near my house and work, and they are aware of this and are building 2 new towers in my area by Fall of 2009. So I think I'll wait until then.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
AT&T all the way. I don't know what it is about AT&T that people hate. I was with Tmobile for 7 years on my parents family plan before getting my iPhone (which came out right after I finished school and got a job so I could afford it myself). Tmobile may have the highest customer service but their coverage is extremely poor, it is just no comparison to AT&T's. I was almost kicked off several times because I was buying unlocked phones from ebay and roaming onto AT&T's network so much that Tmobile almost dropped me.

I've not had any issues with coverage or poor 3G service either. It's been a world difference for me.

Kickstar13

May 4, 2009
Visit site
AT&T all the way. I don't know what it is about AT&T that people hate. I was with Tmobile for 7 years on my parents family plan before getting my iPhone (which came out right after I finished school and got a job so I could afford it myself). Tmobile may have the highest customer service but their coverage is extremely poor, it is just no comparison to AT&T's. I was almost kicked off several times because I was buying unlocked phones from ebay and roaming onto AT&T's network so much that Tmobile almost dropped me.

I've not had any issues with coverage or poor 3G service either. It's been a world difference for me.
Really? Yea I've been with T-Mobile since May of 2003. I have a grandfathered plan from 2003 so my plan is really cheap. Family $49.99 600 mins unlimted: Nights, Weekends, and Mobile to Mobile! plus 1 Additional Line $9.99, plus $9.99 Web2Go 50MB internet+200 texts(Its unlimited) Also 10% Business Discount.
Total after taxes=$78.70

I'm really looking into switching to AT&T since they have bigger 3g network and show they have service in my area. What area do you reside in?

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
But in your original post, you say you have a 2G iPhone. I am on AT&T, have been for oooohhhhhh, let's see......12 years or so. I, too, have not had the problems that I have read on numerous forums.

AT&T coverage is just like other carrier's coverage, sometimes it is hit and miss. You may get more bars from T-Mobile in your house that AT&T, who knows.

Try someone's AT&T phone in your house to see if there is enough signal to warrant the change. Switching carriers to get the newest phones don't matter if you can't use them. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner