Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Ya know, we probably won't hear from him in awhile. His eyes are already glossy from playing with his new toy and drool is falling off his chin. So sad.;)

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Hahah, Speaking of apps, what do you guys recommend? I am a bit overwhelmed with the amount floating around. Any that I should not overlook?

Aw man! Where to start?
Google
The Weather Channel
Vlingo
Pandora
eReader
Facebook
Twitterific
WhitePages

I could go on but that will get you started. I have a lot a business apps also but i was not sure if you would need those suggestions.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Aw man! Where to start?
Google
The Weather Channel
Vlingo
Pandora
eReader
Facebook
Twitterific
WhitePages

I could go on but that will get you started. I have a lot a business apps also but i was not sure if you would need those suggestions.

Ill check em out! The business ones would help me much though...

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I consider these my Business Apps:
Vlingo (Voice dialer)
Google (directions)
WhitePages (finds anybody)
SMSTouch (Landscape SMS typing)
TouchType (Landscape email typing)
MobileFiles Pro (best with Mobile Me)
File Magic (File transfer and management)
ZIPcodes (finds any zip code)
iProRecorder (Voice note recorder)
1Password (secure password and memo storage)
Todo ($10 version from Appigo)

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
You not gonna JB? It's the cool thing to do. lol jp

I am too scared!! It took me long enough to save the money for this phone... not taking any chances!

Glad to hear you got your phone. And yeah, a lot of those apps listed are JB apps.

I have had a few days to play with this thing... So amazing. Can't imagine how someone could not love this phone.

No. I have not Jail Broken..yet...:D

I am running 2.2.1 and all of these are in the App Store for Non-JB iPhones. At least the versions that I am running.

There is a landscape sms app for un-JB'd iphones??

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
There is a landscape sms app for un-JB'd iphones??

Yes. SMS Touch by Micheal Schneider. It is in the iTunes App Store for $2.99. It is under Productivity.

Read up on it carefully. I like it, but do read up on it first. It works through your email. Saves you on texting if you are not on the Unlimited Plan.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
There are other landscape sms keyboards that work through your carrier, basically they allow you to forward what you typed into the sms program, then send from there. I use a similar landscape solution for email, but simce I'm jailbroken I use an sms program that has native landscape support as well as quick reply.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Ya know, one of my original reasons for leaving the Iphone (temporarily) and trying a BB, was because I was annoyed with texting on the Iphone. I even have the free email app for landscape view but now I do not use it. I have become more proficient and comfortable with typing and it does not BUG me as much as it used to. Probably because I am so happy to be back. But I do have to say I liked texting on the Bold. I could do it one handed.;)