Everybody has been freaking out so much about the nintendo switch, I was wondering if you thought it was nintendo's best console.
    10-16-2017 12:46 PM
    Best? Depends how you define “best” but to me, no. Not by a long shot. The NES, SNES, and N64 were ground breaking and dominant in their day, with huge libraries of era defining classics.

Sadly, the Switch will likely never enjoy the sort of 3rd party support than older Nintendo consoles enjoyed. Because of that fact alone, the Switch has a massive uphill battle, relying heavily on first party console exclusive titles. Don’t get me wrong, the strong titles it does have are pretty amazing. The new Zelda and Mario Odyssey look to be the best titles of their respective franchises in years. But Nintendo would need to revive\reboot dozens of fan favorites to compete with their older consoles.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    10-16-2017 07:41 PM
    Best? Depends how you define “best” but to me, no. Not by a long shot. The NES, SNES, and N64 were ground breaking and dominant in their day, with huge libraries of era defining classics.

Sadly, the Switch will likely never enjoy the sort of 3rd party support than older Nintendo consoles enjoyed. Because of that fact alone, the Switch has a massive uphill battle, relying heavily on first party console exclusive titles. Don’t get me wrong, the strong titles it does have are pretty amazing. The new Zelda and Mario Odyssey look to be the best titles of their respective franchises in years. But Nintendo would need to revive\reboot dozens of fan favorites to compete with their older consoles.
    Agreed
    10-16-2017 07:49 PM
    Best portable gaming console. Best hybrid.

Best? The N64 because of Super Mario 64, GoldenEye 007, MarioKart 64 and Zelda: OOT. Also NES for Super Mario 1 & 3. I liked 2, but wasn't a favorite. Also Zelda, Contra, Tetris, Megaman & Metroid. Bionic Commando probably my #1 because of the memories of me and my Dad playing that game (or me watching him mostly lol).
    11-27-2017 02:19 AM