Franchises you're anticipating being revived

splatune

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
The Switch already has Zelda, Mario on the way, and Metroid was teased a bit. Which Nintendo franchise are you hoping to see come back that hasn't already been announced?

My choice is gonna be Star Tropics. It's long overdue for being revisited, and after seeing what they've been able to do with Zelda, I think they could make Star Tropics always really good.

Second pick would be a new Rhythm Tengoku or Wario Ware. I'll take either, as long as it's good :D

Reed Parish

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
The Switch already has Zelda, Mario on the way, and Metroid was teased a bit. Which Nintendo franchise are you hoping to see come back that hasn't already been announced?

My choice is gonna be Star Tropics. It's long overdue for being revisited, and after seeing what they've been able to do with Zelda, I think they could make Star Tropics always really good.

Second pick would be a new Rhythm Tengoku or Wario Ware. I'll take either, as long as it's good :D

Oh I would also want to see spyro again.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Metroid and Castlevania. The two inadvertently spear headed the ultimate 2D explorer mechanics. It’s even called Metroidvania. It’s has also been 4 years since the last canonical Castlevania game.

splatune

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
Maybe a Switch exclusive Mega Man.

If you had asked me several years ago what kind of a MegaMan game I wanted, I would have described MegaMan 9 & 10. But they ended up just not being that good. I'm open to try a new non-X MegaMan game, but tbh the most fun I've had with him lately is in Smash 4 :\

splatune

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, Castlevania would be among my top. Advance Wars would be another, though I'm hoping War Groove scratches that itch.

Yeah I think for the Advance Wars kind of game, they're relying on indie games. The fact that their fire emblem game is more dynasty warriors and less turn-based strategy says a lot. Similarly with Castlevania, if we could get something like say "Dead Cells" on there instead of Castlevania, I'd be happy with that.

Jake White

Jul 26, 2017
Visit site
Animal Crossing! Honestly surprised we haven't heard anything about AC on Switch, it seems like it was practically made for AC. All the benefits of handheld & console AC.

splatune

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
Oh, the Wii Wario Ware was really disappointing for me. I think partly just because Wario Ware Twisted was a high water mark for video games, not just Wario Ware, so it's a tough legacy to live up to.

Centerion

May 20, 2017
Visit site
A Kid Icarus Uprising sequel for the Switch!!! I absolutely LOVE the game on my 2DS and would be very interested in seeing what they could do with the Switch's hardware!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2