I currently own a Wii U and have several accessories that I was wondering if they'd work with the switch.

Games?

Controllers?

Gamepad?

Pro Controllers?

The TV?
    Just kidding, I know the tv will work with a Switch

Seriously though, has anyone tried or looked up this info? Thanks
    07-24-2017 09:47 AM
    From what “I” gather from reading about the Switch online, it does NOT support accessories from previous Nintendo gaming consoles.
    07-24-2017 09:56 AM
    From what “I” gather from reading about the Switch online, it does NOT support accessories from previous Nintendo gaming consoles.
    That's unfortunate.

I was hoping I could save a couple of bucks.

Thanks for the heads up about it lacking backwards compatibility.

This also explains why I haven't heard it seen anything menctioning backwards compatibility
    07-24-2017 11:39 AM
    yeah unfortunately I don't think you can. Which sucks because I have 2 Wii U pro controllers, that I was hoping I'd be able to use for the switch
    07-24-2017 11:51 AM
    yeah unfortunately I don't think you can. Which sucks because I have 2 Wii U pro controllers, that I was hoping I'd be able to use for the switch
    Same. I have so many controllers accrued from Wii + Wii U gaming. Now they'll just get retired to the closet or something since I basically only use my Gamecube controllers with my Wii U these days. T__T
    07-24-2017 06:42 PM
    yea, and switch pro controllers cost 75 dollars!
    xxchai likes this.
    07-24-2017 10:25 PM
    yea, and switch pro controllers cost 75 dollars!
    As do XBOX controllers I might point out! Although you most certainly will be able to find them much cheaper online...

We can always hope for an update that would allow for the WiiU's Pro controllers to work with the Switch though. Nintendo's president Tatsumi Kimishima in an interview back in Febuary said:

"Switch is not backward compatible with games designed for other systems, and is not currently compatible with controllers designed for other systems,” Kimishima told Time. “Support for certain controllers may be considered for a future update.“

You can find more information here: Nintendo Addresses Lack of Switch Backwards Compatibility - IGN
    07-26-2017 11:05 AM
    As do XBOX controllers I might point out!
    In the US they're only $60 for the default black ones. That's the official retail price on their website. Nintendo's controller's are a bit more expensive than the competition.
    07-26-2017 02:25 PM
    You're right and I stand corrected! I looked it up and saw 70 at Target and assumed that was the normal price. My bad!
    07-26-2017 02:30 PM