Finally got a Switch today... now, what games to get?

wrldwzrd89

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I have Breath of the Wild, and 2 SD cards with 128 GB capacity. What other games (both retail and on the eShop) would you recommend? I have a bunch of gift cards I intend to use on Switch retail games.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Zelda if you like that kind of game, and Mario Kart 8 are supposed to be great. I'd at least get MK8 but probably pass on Zelda as I never tend to play those games very long!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Hubby just ordered a Switch bundle from Game Stop (about an hour ago). It will come with ARMS. He plans to get Zelda and Mario Kart, too. I don't know what else is good. I've always liked bomberman, so that will probably make an appearance.

wrldwzrd89

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I tried ordering one of those bundles from GameStop. Waited ~20 days, no change, cancelled and ended up going to a Target fairly far away, where I found one.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Firstly, Congratulations on your new Nintendo Switch @wrldwzrd89 😃

I would have to agree with 'eyecrispy'. Super Bomberman R is also a pretty awesome game to get. Used to love playing it. Maybe have a look at that. Might be well worth it!

Jul 4, 2017
Visit site
It depends what you're interested in really and if you own any other consoles! A lot of the bigger games haven't come out yet so there a lot more smaller downloadable ones at the moment, some of which are on the other consoles too.

Granted, I don't have a Switch yet but some other than Zelda and Mario Kart I'm personally interested in are:

Cave Story+ - 2D Action platformer. I loved the original Cave Story on PC and would be awesome to have it on the go and with the new graphics style.

I Am Setsuna - Traditional Japanese RPG. This has been released on other things but looks pretty and I'm a sucker for these kind of games.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (August)- Turn Based Strategy. Looks absolutely ridiculous and fun!

Metroid Prime 4 (2018?) - First Person Adventure. Only an announcement for this yet but Metroid Prime is one of my favourite games ever.

Rime (later this year) - Adventure/Puzzle. In the style of Journey, The Last Guardian etc. Again, has been released for other consoles but looks really beautiful.

Shovel Knight - Retro style 2D platformer. It's been released on pretty much everything else but I haven't played it yet and people seem to love it.

Snipperclips - 2 player puzzle game. You cut out parts of the other player to solve puzzles, looks great!

Sonic Mania (August) - 2D Platformer. Say what you want about Sonic games but this looks amazing with really cool music. I hope it lives up to what's been shown so far. Also staying far, far away from the other 3D Sonic game.

Splatoon 2 (July) - Multiplayer shooter. I didn't have a Wii U either so didn't play the original Splatoon.

Super Mario Odyssey (October) - 3D Platformer. Some people don't seem sold on the hat mechanics but I liked Super Mario Sunshine for gamecube so again I'm looking forward to this.

Yoshi (2018?) Platformer. Only a trailer so far, no date but seems like they've taken the wooly world of the previous game and added cardboard!

Yeah, so if I had a Switch that's what I'd get!

GlassHasMass

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
I highly recommend "Thumper".

It's an amazing rhythm game that involves controlling a shiny metal beetle as it zips through a crazy pulsing environment.

Imagine if you took Geometry Dash and put the graphics on steroids....and it's 3-D!

Great music and even better graphics! I hope this helps!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2