I know a good number of people were skeptical of the Switch after the Wii U, so now that the Switch has been out for a while and reviews are in, is anyone still undecided on the Switch? Still on the fence? I would have one myself if I could justify the cost right now.
    05-19-2017 07:19 PM
    Looks good but I can't justify the cost to just play a couple games. I'm sure we will get one but I'll give it some time. I don't get to play many games as it is. I have games from the PS3/360 generation that I never had time to play. Lol. Nintendo's consoles are more for the family though and since we skipped the U, I'll get the Switch at some point I'm sure.
    05-19-2017 09:40 PM
    Breath of the Wild. What more do I need to say?

. . .

Seriously though, I can't believe that Snipperclips is $60... BOTW I get. A game of that magnitude in my opinion is worth $60, but not Snipperclips. I just wish that the "normal" price would be lower...
    05-19-2017 11:10 PM
    I have a brother who made the plunge, and while he agrees with me about prices (he only owns BOTW so far), the value he's gotten out of that is amazing! He finished the story after a month, but the huge world keeps bringing him back to find all the shrines and secrets. ... Plus it's just FUN!!! (I've gotten to play on it before!)

I have to admit, however, the best way to take the plunge and get it would be to win it in the contest that iMore is holding right now!
    05-19-2017 11:18 PM
    It looks pretty cool, but they should release more games for it
    07-04-2017 10:53 AM
    I'm looking for a unit for my kiddos now but can't find it anywhere for retail. ☹️
    07-04-2017 04:23 PM
    It would be nice to actually try one before buying it. I can't find a single place that has a tester unit. The Wii U had displays everywhere but no Switch!
    07-04-2017 06:21 PM
    There aren't many games that i would play right now. But there are several upcoming releases, that I would like to get one to play them at some point.
    07-04-2017 07:16 PM
    The limited number of games I would buy at this point makes it a no go for me. I would also like to play with one before paying to buy one.
    07-04-2017 09:12 PM
    There aren't many games that i would play right now. But there are several upcoming releases, that I would like to get one to play them at some point.
    The limited number of games I would buy at this point makes it a no go for me. I would also like to play with one before paying to buy one.
    Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8 make it worth enough for me now. I just can’t afford it at the moment.
    07-04-2017 10:39 PM
    That's why I'm waiting a little longer. Rather purchase the games and the console together. Who knows, there might even be a combo deal. 😃 There are always sales happening, so we just need to pick the right time.

Mario Cart & Zelda are definitely 2 of the games I have to have.
    07-05-2017 08:16 AM
    Still wanting to see more games and bigger publishers promoting it.
    07-08-2017 11:40 AM
    I share your ambivalence. I think the Switch seems like a perfect evolutionary step for Nintendo. Especially in contrast to Wii-U. At the same time I feel just like you regarding opening my wallet at this very moment. I think I'd like to wait for more games to pop up at the same time as i feel I would like to support this console right now to encourage more switch developers to make games. It's a difficult place to be when I already have plenty of other consoles, which I play on a daily basis.
    07-08-2017 01:58 PM
    Mario Kart seems like the perfect Switch game, and Breath of the Wild might be the most unanimous “killer app” launch title I’ve ever seen.

Also WWE 2K for the Switch is huge. The announcement yesterday almost pushed me over the edge to sell my PS4 and go buy one.
    07-11-2017 07:56 PM
    Still not yet sure, maybe i'll get the next iteration of the switch. saw lots of people complaining regarding the screen and the sudden failure of the units..but the games look very nice..it wouldn't hurt if i win one from imore though
    07-16-2017 07:15 AM
    Was thinking about getting one but then the Atari announcement came out so I'm going back to waiting. I'm more a pc gamer anyway and play my son's PS4 when the urge hits.
    07-16-2017 08:18 AM
    I can say with 100% certainty that I will not be buying a Nintendo Switch....
    07-16-2017 08:45 AM
    Haven't gotten a Nintendo system since 2007, and have no desire to this generation either. If my kids say they want one, and the wife doesn't utilize her vetoing powers, then it might happen. But I'm sticking with PlayStation for now.
    07-16-2017 10:36 AM
    I'm still not sure, i think the nintendo switch still has a small library of games, but if it gets the support of Japanese game developers (like ps4 does), they'll have my money (*-*)/
    07-16-2017 03:30 PM
    I really want one, after more time it definitely looks less gimmicky than the Wii and Wii U, it’s just a matter of when I can afford one.
    07-16-2017 04:06 PM
    It was just talk for me and then hubby just ordered one a few weeks ago bc I think he wanted one after all the talk. It should be arriving today. We didn't tell the kids so they will be pretty excited when it arrives.
    07-17-2017 05:11 AM
    Personally, I'd love a switch but don't feel like paying 500+ dollars (after I get the games I want) so imma wait till the price drops.
    Also my friends have one so I can use it sometimes...which is nice.
    07-17-2017 02:26 PM
    I am waiting for a dock-less version frankly. I don't ever intend to use the TV with a switch and I don't want to pay for something I have no use for.
    07-17-2017 03:16 PM
    I plan on picking one up for my kids just as soon as I can persuade my wife that it is worth it. She wants to buy them iPads so I think the Switch might have to wait. The iPads have better overall versatility as computing tools and for education.
    07-17-2017 05:52 PM
    As far as I am concerned there is only one, maybe two games now. Zelda and Mario Kart. I am sure things will change once the new Mario game is released later this year. It looks cool and I am sure I will want a Switch then. Hopefully they will be easier to find.
    07-17-2017 08:17 PM
38 12