Anyone still undecided on the Switch?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It was just talk for me and then hubby just ordered one a few weeks ago bc I think he wanted one after all the talk. It should be arriving today. We didn't tell the kids so they will be pretty excited when it arrives.

GlassHasMass

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
Personally, I'd love a switch but don't feel like paying 500+ dollars (after I get the games I want) so imma wait till the price drops.
Also my friends have one so I can use it sometimes...which is nice.

nutmac

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am waiting for a dock-less version frankly. I don't ever intend to use the TV with a switch and I don't want to pay for something I have no use for.

Robert Newman4

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
I plan on picking one up for my kids just as soon as I can persuade my wife that it is worth it. She wants to buy them iPads so I think the Switch might have to wait. The iPads have better overall versatility as computing tools and for education.

John Martinec

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
As far as I am concerned there is only one, maybe two games now. Zelda and Mario Kart. I am sure things will change once the new Mario game is released later this year. It looks cool and I am sure I will want a Switch then. Hopefully they will be easier to find.

bubble100100

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I really want a Switch. I love the versatility of it, and I'm undecided if I should get one now or wait a couple years until the library builds up. The wiser would be the latter, but I just love the idea of being able to play console-level games in portable and TV mode on a single device. I'd even want to play less graphic intensive multi-platform games on the Switch rather than PC, which isn't something I can say about other consoles. It's just the versatility, plus the cool games that are coming. But yeah, probably not gonna get one for awhile. I don't wanna run out of things to play on it, and I have plenty to play on platforms I already own. Nothin' wrong with some patience. Besides, not like I can just walk into a store and buy one right now, anyway.

jadesimian

Feb 11, 2009
Visit site
I am definitely still undecided on the Switch. Besides Breath of the Wild, I'm unsure any other game is a draw for me. Though there seem to be some promising games on the horizon, like the new Mario or Metroid. Once those join Zelda in the wild (no pun intended) and reviews are out, I might consider getting a Switch.

splatune

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
Splatoon 2 has me itching to get one right now, but that's the first game to do so because I have a Wii U. I don't love the hardware, but I am really itching to play some Splatoon ??????

GlassHasMass

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
This is for John Martinec

Definitely check out the game Splatoon 2 it just came out recently and looks amazing!

( I played the first one and LOVED it! )

Also I'd buy the Switch IMMEDIATELY if the following game existed

The game would be based on the television series "Avatar:the last airbender".

At the beginning you would select an element to bend and train with...only once you had beaten the game will you be able to play as the Avatar (the only person in the world that can bend ALL the elements)

The game play would be the equivalent of breath of the wild (open world with lots of side quests and you get to choose what you do)

You'd hold one joy con in each hand and then attack by doing the movements from the series (think the technology behind "Just Dance")

Want do you guys think?

Would you immediately buy the Switch if this game existed?

xxchai

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
I actually liked the wii u, but I was on the fence as well due to pricing. Now I'm just trying to find a reasonable deal on craigslist, but everyone is asking more than retail on there, so I guess I can wait lol

xxchai

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
This is for John Martinec

Definitely check out the game Splatoon 2 it just came out recently and looks amazing!

( I played the first one and LOVED it! )

Also I'd buy the Switch IMMEDIATELY if the following game existed

The game would be based on the television series "Avatar:the last airbender".

At the beginning you would select an element to bend and train with...only once you had beaten the game will you be able to play as the Avatar (the only person in the world that can bend ALL the elements)

The game play would be the equivalent of breath of the wild (open world with lots of side quests and you get to choose what you do)

You'd hold one joy con in each hand and then attack by doing the movements from the series (think the technology behind "Just Dance")

Want do you guys think?

Would you immediately buy the Switch if this game existed?

agreed! due to splatoon 2 I actually want to get the switch lol

splatune

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
I actually liked the wii u, but I was on the fence as well due to pricing. Now I'm just trying to find a reasonable deal on craigslist, but everyone is asking more than retail on there, so I guess I can wait lol

Yes! I highly recommend getting a used Wii U. You can probably get it for cheap and there are lots of good games. Nintendo World is a must have if you have friends to play local with. Super Mario 3D World is the best Mario since Mario Bros. 3. It can play Zelda BotW. Zombi U was surprisingly good and has really cool 2 player local multi. Smash 4 is the best Smash. So many good reasons to just buy a good second-hand Wii U + Library of games off someone trying to unload.

xxchai

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
Yes! I highly recommend getting a used Wii U. You can probably get it for cheap and there are lots of good games. Nintendo World is a must have if you have friends to play local with. Super Mario 3D World is the best Mario since Mario Bros. 3. It can play Zelda BotW. Zombi U was surprisingly good and has really cool 2 player local multi. Smash 4 is the best Smash. So many good reasons to just buy a good second-hand Wii U + Library of games off someone trying to unload.

Oh no my bad I wasn't clear. I actually owned a Wii U, I was referring to the switch's price. On Craigslist everyone in my area is trying to make some big profits on the switchs they were able to get their hands on. Some people literally have 13 switchs. I can't even find one at my local stores, I guess its because they are being hoarded lol

splatune

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
Ha okay gotcha. Yeah there is definitely likely to be a certain reality to that hoarding. The more popular something gets, the more people will just hoard and try to offload on eBay or something at a stupidly big markup. Scalpers :(

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods