Two Month Later and you STILL can't find it!

Karlov824

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I finally used a stock tracker site and signed up for Google group alerts to text me. I was able to buy one from Walmart the next day I got an alert. It was for a Switch, Zelda and controller bundle which I would have all bought anyways.

afza

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, It seems that pre-order is the best way to get the Switch as of now. But need to be on the lookout on even more.

Ginger Gari

May 16, 2017
Visit site
From what I can see, Instock and paying close attention to stores seem to be the way to go. Don't forget to check Switch news as well! I found out about bundles that way (most of which were preorders at the time so it could be put in your online cart). Gamestop's current preorder bundles have BotW and No More Heroes, I believe. There's probably more but I haven't checked since Sunday.

IvanKaramazov

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
The best method I've found, though I haven't bitten the bullet yet, is to follow Thrifter on Twitter... they typically notify anytime it comes on stock on Amazon, and if you're lucky enough to get there in the first 5-10 minutes you can snag one.

JustinBarryJ

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it seems this is the best way to get your hands on one of the systems nowadays. I Missed out on the mini NES as well and now, they are no more! Alas!

IvanKaramazov

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
For sure. To my knowledge Thrifter only tweets links when the seller is Amazon itself, but you should definitely double-check with any hard-to-find product like the Switch!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Gamestop seems to be getting them in fairly regular BUT mostly just more expensive "bundles".

perithimus

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to be able to find one. Saw one was in stock at my local Walmart via the app but was gone by the time I got off work to go get it.

GlassHasMass

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
I'm not saying I'd personally do this....but if you're TRULY desperate for a switch no matter what it takes, you could do the following.

1. Buy overpriced switch off eBay
2. Play for 29 days
3. Return to seller
4. Repeat steps 1-3

I haven't tried this and it might be illegal...good luck mate.

bubble100100

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Apparently there are issues with producing the storage the Switch uses. There's like a shortage, and they're competing with Apple for the same stuff. At least we're not in Japan, there are lines of like a thousand people trying to buy one.

Robert Newman4

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully this gets sorted out soon. But if flash storage is the bottleneck that problem might not go away for some months - Apple is currently buying recieving parts for a massive iPhone ramp up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR