Best Nintendo Switch Accessories

Kedar Abhyankar

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
Honestly, battery banks are what you should invest in: the best one I've seen(I use it for my Nexus, and will use it for my Switch if I win the iMore giveaway :angel: ) is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-30000m...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2966522

At 30000mAh, it'll charge your switch 7 times over. Almost for a full 24 hours. And that's if you don't have a power outlet at your disposal. Plus, it's a USB C quick charger, so it'll be fast charging too. It's one of the best investments I've ever put into.

GlassHasMass

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
Another accessory that you NEED to get is a way to purchase games electronically.

By downloading the games you don't have to worry about losing them.

Also along these same lines I recommend you buy a SD card so that you'll have more space for games...might not be an issue though if you can't afford them.

Also I was curious if anybody knows a way to connect a portable project to the switch?

xxchai

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
For sure screen protector! I've heard about the dock scratching the switch's screen, also I believe a SD card may be necessary for extra storage.

GlassHasMass

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
The pro controller is *really* nice. Everything else is probably a waste of money.

I'm confused about what you mean by adding ** to the word really...

Example: *really*

Did you mean that that the pro controller is actually super nice...

Or did you mean that it's *really* nice in a sarcastic way

( like that it's not actually nice)?

I'm confused....

I used the pro controller for the Wii U and I can assure you that is it excellent!

(Idk about switch pro controllers though)

splatune

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
Haha, sorry, I meant to accentuate that it's a nice controller. I was a little skeptical at first, but after holding it I was pleasantly surprised. Still, I would have preferred the Wii U style right stick above the face buttons style >___<

Momobeawesome

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I would say that a carrying case is a must! The Zelda carrying case that has been posted on this thread is pretty cool! Also I would think that a bigger memory card is also a must! I don't think 32GB the system comes with is enough memory

Sylian

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
Have an official Nintendo accessory you want to share? Or perhaps something from Amazon or elsewhere you think is really cool?

Share your Nintendo Switch Accessory picks here to help our community find more cool and fun things to accessorize their Switch with!

Don't have a switch yet but any accessory that is Zelda Themed I'm down for.

jsquires88

Jul 30, 2017
Visit site
The newer coloured joy cons look pretty amazing. There is also this really cool Zelda caring case for it that I think I'd get once I find a switch.

Centerion

May 20, 2017
Visit site
My choice for a screen protector: Anker GlassGuard Premium Tempered Glass with Double Defense!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XCXJZWJ?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2969379

It is on sale for $5 right now down from $20 for a two pack! Personally I hate the feel of plastic screens, so a tempered glass screen protector is a must!

Additionally, I can personally recommend the Anker PowerCore+ 26800 mAh battery.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K6TA74...20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2969379#technical-data

My brother has had the PowerCore+ at least for the past year and uses it for his Switch. Amazing build quality, fantastic design and on sale for $80 on Amazon at the moment. Charges in about 6 1/2 hours with the included charger and DOES charge the Switch at a decent rate while playing BOTW. (I've had to use it multiple times while traveling in the car.)

May 16, 2017
Visit site
My essentials are: SD card, Dock Sock (instead of screen protector--I'm careful w my screen so don't need a screen protector, but still want protection when I put it into/out of the dock), padded case for carrying the Switch around. Options that are REALLY nice to have, but not essential: Pro Controller, battery capable of charging the Switch while you are playing it (iMore recommended the Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD with 27W PD Portable Charger and I wholeheartedly agree--it can even charge a new MBP). Sweet extravagances: Switch Elite Player Backpack, spare dock, extra AC adapter for travel.

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
My choice for a screen protector: Anker GlassGuard Premium Tempered Glass with Double Defense!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XCXJZWJ?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2974080

It is on sale for $5 right now down from $20 for a two pack! Personally I hate the feel of plastic screens, so a tempered glass screen protector is a must!

Additionally, I can personally recommend the Anker PowerCore+ 26800 mAh battery.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K6TA74...20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2974080#technical-data

My brother has had the PowerCore+ at least for the past year and uses it for his Switch. Amazing build quality, fantastic design and on sale for $80 on Amazon at the moment. Charges in about 6 1/2 hours with the included charger and DOES charge the Switch at a decent rate while playing BOTW. (I've had to use it multiple times while traveling in the car.)
Thanks for this info. Have seen lots of reports for various different ones, but the reviews have been quite mixed for the Aukey one (lots of bad reviews on amazon citing issues with it). I do generally rate Anker quite well as a company generally for USB accessories, as they are usually one of the best companies out there for that (just for Switch it was a bit of a special scenario, so wanted to be 100% sure before I took the plunge), so thanks for helping to confirm this, as it's alot of money down the drain if we get that wrong).

I got the same model Anker for my Switch based on your advice, and I can confirm that it did work exactly as you said it would.

The only downside to literally all of the portable batteries that are capable of charging the switch well during play is that they are so bulky that most cases will not fit them. It definitely won't fit in any of my Zelda cases (of which I have a few because they're just freaking gorgeous) but I can confirm that they definitely fit within the top pocket of the Orzly case, which generally tends to be the most space efficient out of all of them. (I still have room in the top pocket for a set of spare joycons plus the cable and cartridges in the top pocket even with this battery pack in there, so this is the one I'd recommend using if ever you do that.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NAUKS62

(many similar looking ones look like they might in the photos, but aren't anywhere near as roomy in the top pocket for things like that when you try them in person, but the Orzly case definitely works well in conjunction with this battery whilst still having enough room for other important stuff).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox