Best Nintendo Switch Accessories

leia617

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I think the essentials that you will need are the following:
-Screen Protector (to avoid unwanted scratches)
-SD Card (for more memory)
-Nintendo Switch Pro Controller/s (to enhance gaming experience)
-Carrying Case (to store your switch)
-more joy-con controllers (for multiplayer fun)

So many accessories, so much $$$! I wish accessories were cheaper!

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Definitely an SD card and a glass screen protector would be my 1a and 1b choice for most important accessories. From there I would say a nice case (the Sheikah Slate case included in the Zelda BotW special edition box set is AWESOME). From there it really is about accommodating other members of the family controller use.
Have been thinking of getting an SD card myself now there are more games out. Is there anyone on here that has actually tried using the SD cards for the Switch yet that can tell me if transferring between system memory and SD card works the same as it did on the WiiU?

(stuff like if you can choose which of them is the default storage location for new downloads, or game save data, etc). I remember reading somewhere that there was no way to do this on the switch, but not sure if they just meant you can't make backups that are readable on other devices). WiiU couldn't either, but you could make backups still that were readable on your console. (and surely there must be some way to manage that data when you full certain cards up, etc.) but was just interested to hear from people who have tried using one on the Switch that can give me a clearer picture of how it has worked in practice.

Any heads up would be greatly appreciated.

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
True! They probably will at some point, but I think there will be a bit of a wait before they bring stuff like that out. They've already started selling the yellow joycons on pre-order (nearly all counties of amazon have them listed now), plus at the last Nintendo event they announced a special splatoon themed set of joycons (1 pink with 1 green) and also a splatoon themed pro controller (same as the normal pro controller, except one of its handles is pink, and the other handle is green).
9WSXF4krHm7Txd24mpTMJJ-650-80.jpg

Splatoon 2 Switch bundle gets colorful with pink and green Joy-Cons - but the real beauty is the separate Pro controller | GamesRadar+

The splatoon joycons don't seem to be on sale anywhere yet though, but for the pro controller, my daughter's eyes lit up when we saw this yesterday....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07235SQMF?tag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2945106
81Ixsquh-SL._SL1500_.jpg

(only seems to be on the uk version of amazon uk so far though, but it looks like they're getting warmed up, and that more stuff is coming!).

nothing_void

May 22, 2017
Visit site
That looks sick! I didn't get the chance to buy a Wii U, so I've missed out on a lot of stuff. Have you played with the pro controller? Does it feel good? I liked the Wiimotes in some ways, but I really do miss just having a controller.

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site

While I still haven't bought myself a pair of grips yet, I keep seeing more and more people swear by them. Initially I was thinking I liked the ones with the rim around them (as they look better), but actually people who have used them all tell me that they prefer the models with the bigger SL and SR buttons (kinda makes sense when you think about it, but I've not tried them myself so can't yet know for sure). Let me know if you try them though. I've still got an orzly discount code to use up, and they've started doing them aswell.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072BNFM1P?tag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2954932
(I've just held off for now as I've been spending way too much on switch stuff recently!) lol.

Last edited:

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
So far I think the Pro Controller is a nice addition to Switch.

Looks like the splatoon version of this is back on some of the amazons...
www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch-Pro-Controller-Splatoon/dp/B07235SQMF
81Ixsquh-SL._SL1500_.jpg
(went completely unavailable for a while, but looks like they're accepting pre-orders for it again)

As for the Splatoon versions of the Joy-Cons, not everywhere seems to have them yet, but looks like France, Germany, and USA are finally letting you order them...

France: https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B072BZ66JL?tag=tech0c1e-21&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2962800

Germany: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B072BZ66JL?tag=techracom00-21&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2962800

USA: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072BZ66JL?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2962800

419StTzcSCL.jpg

(hopefully it won't belong before every country has got them, but so far it looks like only those three countries let you order them at this point).

UPDATE:
Spain seems to have switched these ones on now aswell: https://www.amazon.es/dp/B072BZ66JL?tag=tech0ae4-21&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2962800

Canada seem to have created the listing, but doesn't look like they've switched it on yet:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B072BZ66JL?tag=hawk-future-ca-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2962800

The France and Spain ones are so far the only two of those actually sold by Amazon themselves, but the others I mentioned seem to be 3rd party sellers doing them as japan imports. Will provide further updates if I spot them show up anywhere else. ;)

Last edited:

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
That looks sick! I didn't get the chance to buy a Wii U, so I've missed out on a lot of stuff. Have you played with the pro controller? Does it feel good? I liked the Wiimotes in some ways, but I really do miss just having a controller.

Yeah, I have the black version of the pro-controller already, and it's very good! In all fairness to joy-cons though, while I do hear lot of people say they would only use pro-controllers, I actually do like playing with joy-cons myself. (I hate motion controls though, so I'm not a fan of motion controls generally in that sense), but Joy-cons can actually be used like proper controllers, either attached to the screen in GamePad mode (which is how I do it most when playing portable, as it's the most convenient. -Pro-controllers and charging grips are nowhere near as travel friendly, so I tend to use those more when playing at home). So there are pros and cons to either approach, and I find what works best can also vary from game to game also. (when playing the splatoon 2 demo for example, I found that I actually preferred playing with the joy-cons in the charging grip because it gave you quicker more precise real-time aiming than having to tilt a large screen (pro controller is excellent for quick aim also), but for everything else I play, I still much prefer joy-cons attached to the screen than any other method, and this is still how I play on my switch 90% of the time.

cifcif

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
I got the Nitendo Hybrid Cover for a vacation trip and it ended up being more versatile than I thought. For 20 bucks is an excellent buy.

GlassHasMass

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
In my opinion the best thing to buy are... STICKERS!!

I don't know why, but I love putting stickers on my consoles.

Does anybody else do this, just curious?

stephina10

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
I did this with my PS2 back in the day, but the stickers looked bad after a year or so and I couldn't get them off so I won't be doing it again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox