Why are there so many Nintendo Switch stories on iMore?

GlassHasMass

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
Also (I have no idea if this is true about imore and Nintendo) sometimes companies will sponsor sites with an agreement that they get more articles.

This is 100% speculation on my part

gameraddikted

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
It’s still hugely popular and sold out in a lot of places. Makes sense, write a ton of stories on a product that has already launched and still have a lot of hype.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
You can always filter things down to display only the content you want. For example, let’s say I only want to see Apple content:

The usual home page. Lots of Pokémon and Nintendo stuff. Tap the hamburger menu at the top left.
cc25fdf6b2c076ffdc3119b2bb8a8bc7.jpg

Select the topic you want to view. I’ll choose Apple.
ab20c6aa03f43ebea2afe0e1a1455842.jpg

Voila! Only Apple-related content is displayed. I still notice a few things here and there that aren’t specific to Apple but it gets rid of 90% of the stuff I’m not interested in.
11503f1f0ad8b208697e438ed3aa0d43.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can always filter things down to display only the content you want. For example, let’s say I only want to see Apple content:

The usual home page. Lots of Pokémon and Nintendo stuff. Tap the hamburger menu at the top left.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170726/cc25fdf6b2c076ffdc3119b2bb8a8bc7.jpg

Select the topic you want to view. I’ll choose Apple.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170726/ab20c6aa03f43ebea2afe0e1a1455842.jpg

Voila! Only Apple-related content is displayed. I still notice a few things here and there that aren’t specific to Apple but it gets rid of 90% of the stuff I’m not interested in.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170726/11503f1f0ad8b208697e438ed3aa0d43.jpg

That's fine for those viewing the site online, but what about those of us who prefer TapaTalk or the iMore forums app? It's annoying when the "Unread" tab list is nothing but Switch, Switch, Switch, with no way to filter them. It looks and feels like spam. It's like being on a Ford Truck forum, and seeing thread after thread about refrigerators. I don't see why MoNa can't put all the gaming under one roof. Like in the VR forum. Seems like Switch and other games would fit there better. From my perspective, they're not bringing in new iMore members. There's no assimilation. It's a separate game forum that bleeds into iMore, which is about Apple and Apple products. Many of us don't like that, as it takes away from our enjoyment of the site. I'm not happy with it at all. And I'm not alone.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That's fine for those viewing the site online, but what about those of us who prefer TapaTalk or the iMore forums app? It's annoying when the "Unread" tab list is nothing but Switch, Switch, Switch, with no way to filter them. It looks and feels like spam. It's like being on a Ford Truck forum, and seeing thread after thread about refrigerators. I don't see why MoNa can't put all the gaming under one roof. Like in the VR forum. Seems like Switch and other games would fit there better. From my perspective, they're not bringing in new iMore members. There's no assimilation. It's a separate game forum that bleeds into iMore, which is about Apple and Apple products. Many of us don't like that, as it takes away from our enjoyment of the site. I'm not happy with it at all. And I'm not alone.

Handle it the same way you do emails you don’t want. Mark as read (since we can’t delete) and skip it. Pretty much your only option :)

Kilwillie

May 4, 2017
Visit site

I'm not one who likes to complain, but you've pretty much summed up my feelings on the matter. I mostly use Tapatalk as I work a boring job and frequently check forums for something to do. ;)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't mind, but I'm not interested either! When I am on my PC at work it's easy to skip over content that I am not interested in. However, since I'm off work for the summer and viewing from my iPad or my iPhone it's more of a nuisance to go through unwanted material. It would be great if there was someway to delete them or block them if we're not interested. But of course there are bigger fish to fry and since I really don't care that much, it's no biggie… well, not really

tonkers16

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I agree with the above posts, but there is a forum for everything --> What is your favorite way to play the Nintendo Switch?
I don't have one but I would say that my favourite way to play it is with the power turned on :D

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Switch is hot. The more people that search for it and find this website, the more people register and participate. I would bet that many of them have an iPad or iPhone, or even a Mac. So hopefully the overall traffic to the site increases. But also my hope is that it’s quality over quantity.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Switch is hot. The more people that search for it and find this website, the more people register and participate. I would bet that many of them have an iPad or iPhone, or even a Mac. So hopefully the overall traffic to the site increases. But also my hope is that it’s quality over quantity.

Well said Moderator Robert. Nuff said

anon(8910885)

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I have to agree with some of the previous comments. Nintendo switch is a mobile gaming device that is on par with Apple mobile-focused devices. Not to mention, several video game brands like Mario and Pokemon which were used to be popular in mainly the Nintendo devices, have recently gained popularity in App store thanks to the launch of Pokemon Go and Mario Run. Obviously the two companies are starting to merge in terms of mobile gaming topics - hence the coverage of Switch in iMore.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh