Not sure maybe because it is so popular
    07-24-2017 10:19 PM
    I don't know,but it means there's a lot less I need to read !!
    07-26-2017 04:33 AM
    You can always filter things down to display only the content you want. For example, let’s say I only want to see Apple content:

The usual home page. Lots of Pokémon and Nintendo stuff. Tap the hamburger menu at the top left.

Select the topic you want to view. I’ll choose Apple.

Voila! Only Apple-related content is displayed. I still notice a few things here and there that aren’t specific to Apple but it gets rid of 90% of the stuff I’m not interested in.
    07-26-2017 06:06 AM
    You can always filter things down to display only the content you want. For example, let’s say I only want to see Apple content:

The usual home page. Lots of Pokémon and Nintendo stuff. Tap the hamburger menu at the top left.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b2bb8a8bc7.jpg

Select the topic you want to view. I’ll choose Apple.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e1a1455842.jpg

Voila! Only Apple-related content is displayed. I still notice a few things here and there that aren’t specific to Apple but it gets rid of 90% of the stuff I’m not interested in.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8ed3aa0d43.jpg
    That's fine for those viewing the site online, but what about those of us who prefer TapaTalk or the iMore forums app? It's annoying when the "Unread" tab list is nothing but Switch, Switch, Switch, with no way to filter them. It looks and feels like spam. It's like being on a Ford Truck forum, and seeing thread after thread about refrigerators. I don't see why MoNa can't put all the gaming under one roof. Like in the VR forum. Seems like Switch and other games would fit there better. From my perspective, they're not bringing in new iMore members. There's no assimilation. It's a separate game forum that bleeds into iMore, which is about Apple and Apple products. Many of us don't like that, as it takes away from our enjoyment of the site. I'm not happy with it at all. And I'm not alone.
    07-26-2017 07:07 AM
    That's fine for those viewing the site online, but what about those of us who prefer TapaTalk or the iMore forums app? It's annoying when the "Unread" tab list is nothing but Switch, Switch, Switch, with no way to filter them. It looks and feels like spam. It's like being on a Ford Truck forum, and seeing thread after thread about refrigerators. I don't see why MoNa can't put all the gaming under one roof. Like in the VR forum. Seems like Switch and other games would fit there better. From my perspective, they're not bringing in new iMore members. There's no assimilation. It's a separate game forum that bleeds into iMore, which is about Apple and Apple products. Many of us don't like that, as it takes away from our enjoyment of the site. I'm not happy with it at all. And I'm not alone.
    Handle it the same way you do emails you don’t want. Mark as read (since we can’t delete) and skip it. Pretty much your only option
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    07-26-2017 08:29 AM
    Handle it the same way you do emails you don’t want. Mark as read (since we can’t delete) and skip it. Pretty much your only option
    I just press each one to make them go away until another comment is made.
    07-26-2017 10:07 AM
    I just press each one to make them go away until another comment is made.
    Yup, this is what I do.
    07-26-2017 10:12 AM
    Clicks?
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    07-26-2017 12:29 PM
    I'm not one who likes to complain, but you've pretty much summed up my feelings on the matter. I mostly use Tapatalk as I work a boring job and frequently check forums for something to do.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    07-26-2017 09:54 PM
    I don't mind, but I'm not interested either! When I am on my PC at work it's easy to skip over content that I am not interested in. However, since I'm off work for the summer and viewing from my iPad or my iPhone it's more of a nuisance to go through unwanted material. It would be great if there was someway to delete them or block them if we're not interested. But of course there are bigger fish to fry and since I really don't care that much, it's no biggie… well, not really
    07-27-2017 12:25 AM
    I agree with the above posts, but there is a forum for everything --> What is your favorite way to play the Nintendo Switch?
    I don't have one but I would say that my favourite way to play it is with the power turned on
    robertk328 likes this.
    07-27-2017 06:32 AM
    Switch is hot. The more people that search for it and find this website, the more people register and participate. I would bet that many of them have an iPad or iPhone, or even a Mac. So hopefully the overall traffic to the site increases. But also my hope is that it’s quality over quantity.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-27-2017 06:57 AM
    Switch is hot. The more people that search for it and find this website, the more people register and participate. I would bet that many of them have an iPad or iPhone, or even a Mac. So hopefully the overall traffic to the site increases. But also my hope is that it’s quality over quantity.
    Well said Moderator Robert. Nuff said
    robertk328 likes this.
    07-27-2017 07:04 AM
    I have to agree with some of the previous comments. Nintendo switch is a mobile gaming device that is on par with Apple mobile-focused devices. Not to mention, several video game brands like Mario and Pokemon which were used to be popular in mainly the Nintendo devices, have recently gained popularity in App store thanks to the launch of Pokemon Go and Mario Run. Obviously the two companies are starting to merge in terms of mobile gaming topics - hence the coverage of Switch in iMore.
    07-27-2017 12:21 PM
39 12