I personally would rather Nintendo spend their time on making the best possible gaming experience rather than spreading themselves too thin trying to match the tablet functionality we already have on the tablets we already own and use daily. Lessee a really robust Virtual Console vs yet another web browser. Which would YOU prefer Nintendo focus on? YMMV.
    Agreed, they should focus on expanding the number of games for Switch. That's what Nintendo does best - great games!
    07-19-2017 05:54 PM
    Agreed, they should focus on expanding the number of games for Switch. That's what Nintendo does best - great games!
    Agree. We've had ours for a few days now and everyone loves it, esp the kids. We probably won't be using it as a tablet. Gaming is what it's for and that's a good thing!
    07-20-2017 10:17 PM
    That'd be sweet if Nintendo opened it up to other uses. I haven't played the Switch yet, but another screen that could be used as a standard would be handy.
    I totally agree!

Another thought I just had is...

What if Nintendo made it say that you could buy joycons that are designed to mod you smart phone....

And turn it INTO a Switch!

Imagine if you could just pay 50-100$ to make your Phone a Switch!

That'd be AMAZING!

Anybody agree?
    eyecrispy likes this.
    07-23-2017 07:59 PM
    I totally agree!

Another thought I just had is...

What if Nintendo made it say that you could buy joycons that are designed to mod you smart phone....

And turn it INTO a Switch!

Imagine if you could just pay 50-100$ to make your Phone a Switch!

That'd be AMAZING!

Anybody agree?
    Yes, but knowing Nintendo and mobile they're not that daring. Great idea!
    07-24-2017 04:14 AM
    I want a good way to see what my friends are playing on their Switch and message them and ask if they want to play a game. How is that functionality on the Switch? I think PS4 is kind of the high water mark here (except for that thing where if you have Netflix on your friends still see you as playing whatever game is backgrounded).
    07-24-2017 08:18 AM
    I want a good way to see what my friends are playing on their Switch and message them and ask if they want to play a game. How is that functionality on the Switch? I think PS4 is kind of the high water mark here (except for that thing where if you have Netflix on your friends still see you as playing whatever game is backgrounded).
    Nintendo still uses the archaic friend code system, and hasn't learned just how suboptimal their experience is. Sad but true... once connected to a friend, you can't voice chat due to the lack of microphone. I don't know about textual message sending as I had no friends on previous consoles with online features. I too would be interested in knowing if things are better this go around.
    07-24-2017 08:39 AM
    I think it depends how well it functions as a tablet. I might just be able to use it regularly, I've been looking to sell my ipad mini. Hopefully the switch can be a good replacement.
    07-24-2017 09:13 AM
    I think if you're trying to replace the iPad with a Switch, it seems like you'd be disappointed. I think it would be as effective as trying to replace a Nintendo Switch with an iPad. They're just trying to do very different things.
    07-24-2017 06:36 PM
    possibly when netflix and hulu come out for the switch
    07-24-2017 08:48 PM
    So i heard that you can now watch video streaming on the switch? Is that true? I've never seen anyone go through the nintendo switch option or apps if it has any. But yeah it would be cool to watch Netflix and Hulu on it!
    07-26-2017 09:52 PM
    Can't quite remember where but I'm pretty sure they did confirm it would eventually have a built-in web browser.
    07-26-2017 10:07 PM
36 12