What are your favorite games for the Nintendo Switch?

I'll start... because... it's one of the launch games and it's a no brainer, it HAS to be good: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    faisalbaba and robertk328 like this.
    03-03-2017 08:29 AM
    Thumbs up if this is your favourite

Will definitely agree with @James Falconer. Zelda all the way!! It kind of reminds me of another game i used to play called 'Jak and Daxer"

Your favorite Nintendo Switch Games-nokxv_iucevlevknd-zbu2i_gkc_rcdz.jpg
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    03-03-2017 12:43 PM
    I'm interested in decent games for the Switch that aren't Zelda. It may be a genuinely good game but it doesn't pique my interest. Are there any hidden gems or indie games worth playing?
    03-03-2017 02:35 PM
    I'm interested in decent games for the Switch that aren't Zelda. It may be a genuinely good game but it doesn't pique my interest. Are there any hidden gems or indie games worth playing?
    Same, though Zelda looks awesome. I'm not interested in buying a whole system for one great game though.

And Mario Oddessy looks... pretty bad.
    03-06-2017 08:15 AM
    The Legend of Zelda tops my first choice to play in the switch. Can't wait to play it in a big screen!
    03-06-2017 01:58 PM
    I'm still thinking the Nintendo Switch should come with backward compatibility, an emulator or something, even the Nokia phones had an emulator to play NES games, imaging playing the original Mario now, also that's a way to show the children (those who have) how it was to play before, and 20 years ago the game should be fun to play and not good looking as is the tendency right now.

But I really want to try Zelda, looks like Skyrim a lot and I like that one.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    03-06-2017 08:38 PM
    Thumbs up if this is your favourite

Will definitely agree with @James Falconer. Zelda all the way!! It kind of reminds me of another game i used to play called 'Jak and Daxer"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nOKxV_IuCEvleVkND-ZbU2I_GKc_RcdZ.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	116773
    Nice pic
    Matty likes this.
    03-06-2017 08:49 PM
    I'm still thinking the Nintendo Switch should come with backward compatibility, an emulator or something, even the Nokia phones had an emulator to play NES games, imaging playing the original Mario now, also that's a way to show the children (those who have) how it was to play before, and 20 years ago the game should be fun to play and not good looking as is the tendency right now.

But I really want to try Zelda, looks like Skyrim a lot and I like that one.
    I agree. I hope backwards compatibility comes to the switch. I want to play all the Zelda games and Metroid series. I sure do miss A Link to the Past and Super Metroid.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    03-06-2017 08:51 PM
    I agree. I hope backwards compatibility comes to the switch. I want to play all the Zelda games and Metroid series. I sure do miss A Link to the Past and Super Metroid.
    And it should be kind of simple, a lot of fans not having the source code made a lot of emulator for Android (I don't actually know which OS kernel is running the Switch) so maybe a few guys inside Nintendo can figure out how to put an emulator inside the Switch.

Imaging playing all the Mario's and all the old games until reaching these days games.

Simply wonderful and if something was learned by the Nintendo Classic is People like old games.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    03-06-2017 09:25 PM
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Sent from mTalk
    03-07-2017 08:31 AM
    Looking forward to Splatoon
    03-07-2017 10:28 AM
    Same, though Zelda looks awesome. I'm not interested in buying a whole system for one great game though.

And Mario Oddessy looks... pretty bad.
    Agreed, while Zelda looks amazing, I'm not sure it's enough for me to buy a Switch. I love single player games. I wonder what else is on there that I can't get anywhere else...
    03-07-2017 04:43 PM
    The only game I know about and have any interest in played is Zelda.
    03-07-2017 05:37 PM
    At the moment Zelda but I hope the Nintendo Switch will get games like Skyrim (they showed it in the trailer) or GTA. Would be much fun to play these games in a train or in the car
    03-07-2017 06:28 PM
    A copy of Zelda is probably sold for every Switch sold.
    Matty likes this.
    03-08-2017 03:19 AM
    Agreed, while Zelda looks amazing, I'm not sure it's enough for me to buy a Switch. I love single player games. I wonder what else is on there that I can't get anywhere else...
    Games running around to find stuff are tough for me...I lose interest if I have to find a walkthrough to find what I missed. I need pick it up and play games
    03-08-2017 05:08 AM
    Games running around to find stuff are tough for me...I lose interest if I have to find a walkthrough to find what I missed. I need pick it up and play games
    Shovel Knight is a great Metroidvania style game with good characters, music and art. It's available on a bunch of platforms but the Switch version is nice because you can play it at home or on the go.

I have it on my 3DS but the ergonomics of that device make it uncomfortable for long play sessions.
    robertk328 likes this.
    03-08-2017 09:46 AM
    I'm excited to play Zelda
    03-08-2017 10:11 AM
    Yeah, perhaps that's what's keeping me from really committing to the Switch. I love big worlds and in-depth stories. Right now, Zelda is the only thing that fits those criteria.
    robertk328 likes this.
    03-08-2017 07:44 PM
    What are your favorite games for the Nintendo Switch?

I'll start... because... it's one of the launch games and it's a no brainer, it HAS to be good: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    I'm not seeing any games being named besides Zelda not sure I would commit to buying for one game.
    Matty likes this.
    03-09-2017 12:41 AM
    Yeah, perhaps that's what's keeping me from really committing to the Switch. I love big worlds and in-depth stories. Right now, Zelda is the only thing that fits those criteria.
    By the time you finish it maybe others will come out there's lots on the schedule.
    03-09-2017 04:43 AM
    A copy of Zelda is probably sold for every Switch sold.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. Every single review i have seen has them playing Zelda. It's definitely well worth the money. I love the open world and you are 'free' to do what you want. Kinda like Mince-craft but you have objectives. Definitely my type of game.
    03-09-2017 06:13 AM
    I'm not seeing any games being named besides Zelda not sure I would commit to buying for one game.

iMore did a nice break down of all the games you can currently play on the Nintendo Switch. I think Zelda is only getting mentioned because its kinda the best at the moment. The "1, 2 Switch" is also fairly good for some family fun but it wears off fairly soon.
    03-09-2017 06:17 AM
    I know the switch is underpowered compared to the ps4 and xbox one but are the graphics noticeably below those two machines? I've seen some reviews saying even Zelda looks like an old game on the switch.
    03-09-2017 10:08 AM
    One thing I wish Nintendo would do is let you watch movies..DVD Blu-ray etc!!
    03-10-2017 11:57 PM
37 12