Your favorite Nintendo Switch Games

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
What are your favorite games for the Nintendo Switch?

I'll start... because... it's one of the launch games and it's a no brainer, it HAS to be good: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm interested in decent games for the Switch that aren't Zelda. It may be a genuinely good game but it doesn't pique my interest. Are there any hidden gems or indie games worth playing?

captainandy

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm interested in decent games for the Switch that aren't Zelda. It may be a genuinely good game but it doesn't pique my interest. Are there any hidden gems or indie games worth playing?

Same, though Zelda looks awesome. I'm not interested in buying a whole system for one great game though.

And Mario Oddessy looks... pretty bad.

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm still thinking the Nintendo Switch should come with backward compatibility, an emulator or something, even the Nokia phones had an emulator to play NES games, imaging playing the original Mario now, also that's a way to show the children (those who have) how it was to play before, and 20 years ago the game should be fun to play and not good looking as is the tendency right now.

But I really want to try Zelda, looks like Skyrim a lot and I like that one.

iThunderbirt

VR Expert
Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm still thinking the Nintendo Switch should come with backward compatibility, an emulator or something, even the Nokia phones had an emulator to play NES games, imaging playing the original Mario now, also that's a way to show the children (those who have) how it was to play before, and 20 years ago the game should be fun to play and not good looking as is the tendency right now.

But I really want to try Zelda, looks like Skyrim a lot and I like that one.
I agree. I hope backwards compatibility comes to the switch. I want to play all the Zelda games and Metroid series. I sure do miss A Link to the Past and Super Metroid.

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I agree. I hope backwards compatibility comes to the switch. I want to play all the Zelda games and Metroid series. I sure do miss A Link to the Past and Super Metroid.

And it should be kind of simple, a lot of fans not having the source code made a lot of emulator for Android (I don't actually know which OS kernel is running the Switch) so maybe a few guys inside Nintendo can figure out how to put an emulator inside the Switch.

Imaging playing all the Mario's and all the old games until reaching these days games.

Simply wonderful and if something was learned by the Nintendo Classic is People like old games.

jadesimian

Feb 11, 2009
Visit site
Same, though Zelda looks awesome. I'm not interested in buying a whole system for one great game though.

And Mario Oddessy looks... pretty bad.

Agreed, while Zelda looks amazing, I'm not sure it's enough for me to buy a Switch. I love single player games. I wonder what else is on there that I can't get anywhere else...

Shooork

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
At the moment Zelda but I hope the Nintendo Switch will get games like Skyrim (they showed it in the trailer) or GTA. Would be much fun to play these games in a train or in the car :D

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, while Zelda looks amazing, I'm not sure it's enough for me to buy a Switch. I love single player games. I wonder what else is on there that I can't get anywhere else...

Games running around to find stuff are tough for me...I lose interest if I have to find a walkthrough to find what I missed. I need pick it up and play games :)

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Games running around to find stuff are tough for me...I lose interest if I have to find a walkthrough to find what I missed. I need pick it up and play games :)

Shovel Knight is a great Metroidvania style game with good characters, music and art. It's available on a bunch of platforms but the Switch version is nice because you can play it at home or on the go.

I have it on my 3DS but the ergonomics of that device make it uncomfortable for long play sessions.

jadesimian

Feb 11, 2009
Visit site

Yeah, perhaps that's what's keeping me from really committing to the Switch. I love big worlds and in-depth stories. Right now, Zelda is the only thing that fits those criteria.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro