I really liked the wii remote + nunchuck style for Wii/Wii U so I suspect I'll enjoy the loose joycons. Though for Splatoon 2 you need a single controller for the right motion controls.
    07-24-2017 08:15 AM
    Anything that involves playing Splatoon 2.
    Momobeawesome likes this.
    07-25-2017 09:11 AM
    Nintendo makes great handhelds, and honestly that's the reason that I continue to buy their stuff. If I can't play a game at my desk I never finish it, using a TV is such a hassle.
    07-26-2017 04:57 PM
    Favorite way to play the switch is definitely in my hand, not on the TV. Both experiences feel great honestly, which is good when it runs out of battery and it needs to be in the dock, but I love the "enhanced" feeling of the motion controls and having the screen closer to me. Plus I really like the distance my hands are apart when using the switch in handheld! I should mention I haven't ever tried playing a switch with a Pro Controller, I've just used the JoyCon Grip, so when I try that at some point that might make me change my mind. One thing I'll say is don't feel obligated to use the switch on the TV when you are at home!
    07-27-2017 12:07 AM
    I don't have one, but hopefully I will soon! :3

Seeing as most Nintendo consoles I've had have been handhelds, I'll probably play it in handheld mode more often than not. And because playing home console level games portablely sounds mind-blowing! :3
    07-27-2017 04:56 PM
    I don't have a switch but would really would love one! I have been fortunate enough to try one out, both in console mode and handheld. And from my limited experience I would say I prefer playing on the switch most in console mode! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the fact that you can use it handheld! The fact that you can take on the go so easily is so appealing. Love it! However, when playing games in this mode, I got frustrated with the low battery life ( my understanding is that battety life is influenced by the game you are playing, some lasting longer then others) and the joycon controllers. When the joycon controllers were attached to the sides of the switch tablet, I found them to be uncomfortable after a while of playing. Furthermore, I got frustrated playing this way because it was so difficult to achieve small and precise movements with the joycons analog sticks. My thumbs just felt awkward trying to move the sticks in slow and small movements. It's was a struggle.

But honestly other then that, the handheld experience was great. Graphics held up and the sounds was pretty impressive for such a small device! (Played without headphones!)
    07-29-2017 05:35 PM
    Anything that involves playing Splatoon 2.
    Hehe! Agree! Expect Breath Of the wild for me!

And I do have some thoughts on handheld mode... though honestly anyway is ultimately fine by be as long I am exploring the wilderness of Hyrul!
    07-29-2017 05:44 PM
    If I had a Nintendo Switch I would mostly use it on the TV but it's nice to know that I could take it anywhere I go.
    07-31-2017 02:36 PM
33 12