What do you think about the Nintendo Switch pricing?

lncLESLIE

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
As much as I am excited about Nintendo Switch..I am irritated that I wasted so much money on Wii U!
I like Wii U but no more new games suck!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I didn't think about the extra controller, but games are on par with XBOX and PS so not too far out. Join Best Buy Gamer's Club and get discounts on all of them. It will pay for itself quickly.

I may revisit when more games are available and more reviews are in. Just got a PS4 with a ton of games at Christmas so have enough to hold me over a while.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I think they priced it fairly well for the launch. $299 is a fair price for all the modularity you getting. The console is portable, but you can still dock it and hook it up to a 1080p TV which is nice. (on some games) :)

I think what would have made it a really awesome deal is if they included The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild haha. I'm sure over time the price will come down and when it hits $249 then more people will purchase.

I do wish the games were around $49. Would have been easier to swallow than the same price as a PS4 PRO game with HDR Enabled.

dpouidp

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
After checking out several teardown articles, I think Nintendo must be earning some fat margins on the Switch. The parts and manufacturing costs look low and although Nintendo's R&D and marketing costs could be high, they're probably earning more profit than Sony and Microsoft did with the launch PS4 and Xb1 systems.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Of course I would love it to be cheaper but I believe it´s the a fair price because its a portable and fixed console at the same time.

anon(8910885)

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Definitely on a pricey side.. especially on accessories. But when you treat the Switch as a cheaper version of console level, likes of Xbox One and PS4, then it's reasonable.

josepilot81

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
To be honest I thought sd cards are supported from day one. Is a major flaw. Maybe with so,e updates they manage to make things better. I have the system has a lot of potential

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
To anyone how finds it expensive: remember content is still lacking. If you wait it will probably get cheaper and get more content ;)

Cheers

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
A Nintendo 3DS XL is 200 dollars and its games are 20-40. A console that's more than twice the size, can hook up to a TV, has built in two player capability out of the box? I tend to think 299 is fine. I do think the games should be cheaper (for both consoles) and the accessories are pricey, but the unit itself is fine at that price point.

lncLESLIE

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
I am a single mom who pinched pennies to pay my family a WiiU that is only 2 yrs old and now I am stuck with a system that no one wants & no money to buy a Switch!
Personally I think Nintendo should offer a good trade in deal because its really not fair to the people who can't afford a new trend yearly!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
A Nintendo 3DS XL is 200 dollars and its games are 20-40. A console that's more than twice the size, can hook up to a TV, has built in two player capability out of the box? I tend to think 299 is fine. I do think the games should be cheaper (for both consoles) and the accessories are pricey, but the unit itself is fine at that price point.

and you can't find either ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2