What do you think about the Nintendo Switch pricing?

trifster

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Like a few commenters I am not bothered by the $299 device price but the games are very expensive. Hopefully more titles hit by the holidays so some of these games are in the $30 range not $60.

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I think Nintendo switch is too exspensive in my country Indonesia about Rp.6.000.000(in Rupiahs),sorry i don't know in Dollars conversion,maybe i got lucky in this contest,i feel lucky one

cadenpas

May 16, 2017
Visit site
It's a bit pricy for the hardware, but it's nintendo so you know it's going to be pricy. Overall the price isn't that outrageous, though The games are way overpriced.

leia617

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I really wish it wasn't so expensive!! or that it came bundled with Zelda to help justify the price. I also with that the Pro Controller was more affordable. $70 seems way to high... I'd like to see it at $40 or even $50, plus I think they'd sell a lot more at that price point.

Chester Baker

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I kindof think that the $1-5 apps are too cheap though... I'm not sure that games are profitable for people anymore at the large full game end of the spectrum at least.

Chester Baker

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I am curious to see how many developers really spend the time and energy on the Switch. Remains to be seen... Development will follow demand I believe.

Adam Monson

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
It's hard to translate a ds user to switch users in a single household, as far as pricing goes. I know the joy-cons can be individual users but it's hard to imagine individual users and buying that way and paying $299 per.

iHeartBretski

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
The pricing of the system itself is very reasonable. I was actually impressed with the price. Games are expensive but they are all the same price. I was originally worried the system was going to be like 400 dollars.

vanko987

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site
When you add together some of the accessories and games, it gets pretty expensive. I don't know if it would be worth it to purchase

macsterd

Jul 4, 2017
Visit site
I think that the accessories are up there in price. If Nintendo wanted to compete with Sony and Microsoft they should use entry level of 250.00 for the basic system to lure more customers. I have Wii U and think they dropped the ball with this system by price.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone find it for $300 right now? My kids have been asking and I can't find it anywhere for $300.

Brenda_g

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Right now I find the switch is priced quite expensively. Going to be hard to get one for myself, much less two or three kids.

GlassHasMass

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone else think that $60 for a game is a bit steep in the age of $1 to $5 apps? They better be damn good if I'm going to drop nearly $200 on just a few games alone after spending a handful of bills on the console alone.
I agree,but it's because that's the "standard" for games.

Breath of the Wild took what seems like forever to create and is an absolute MASTERPIECE!

In other words it is worth the 60$ other games however....

Lots of them aren't worth 20$ much less sixty

That's why in my opinion you should be allowed to demo any game before you buy it...

Or maybe find away to make the game free but incorporate sponsored content

Or make it so that the game is 60$ the first year and then decrease the price by ten dollars each year it's out.

That's part of what I love about Steam. After a game's prime they allow people to still buy the game at a discount.

Take notes Nintendo.