Has anyone heard what battery life will be like on the Switch? Does Nintendo have any of that info posted?
    01-13-2017 12:55 PM
    Has anyone heard what battery life will be like on the Switch? Does Nintendo have any of that info posted?
    Hello!

I have yet to find anything official from Nintendo on detailed technical specifications about the Switch.

But, in terms of battery life, when the switch is not docked the battery can last 2.5 to 6 hours "depending on the game you are playing".

Source: Nintendo Switch FAQ iMore
    01-13-2017 03:10 PM
    Was expecting a longer lasting battery. Not sure why... but 6 hrs top end is decent, I suppose.
    01-16-2017 09:59 AM
    That 6 hour runtime is probably with the screen brightness turned all the way down and wireless turned off.

I would imagine an iPad Mini gets about the same battery runtime while gaming, no?

Also, if you're gonna lug around the Switch, the controllers, the wall charger, and whatever other accessories you may use, adding a battery bar to the mix shouldn't be a big deal.
    01-17-2017 12:08 PM
    What I saw from YouTubers is that depends a lot of the requirements of the game. We have to remember that is not a tablet focus to work with you a whole day. Is intended to be a system to play games not for that amount of hours away from the charger is more and "casual on the go thing" it appear that the good part is that can be charged with a portable battery which going to help a lot.
    03-07-2017 01:59 AM
    Any more word on battery life with Zelda or good battery packs?
    03-07-2017 07:38 AM
    Sounds like a decent battery life if not a full blown gamer. I think it will help with younger generation wanting play 24/7 but think it's cool cause kinda food back to way us older generations played.
    03-11-2017 09:03 AM
    I agree. But I am curious to hear some owners opinions
    03-11-2017 03:06 PM
    Also curious about the joy cons.
    03-12-2017 08:54 AM
    I watched a YouTube review and he said that his lasted about 3 hours with Zelda if this helps send to be the top game
    03-12-2017 12:19 PM
    3 hours is decent for daily commuting gaming sessions. But for its size, I expected a longer runtime.
    03-12-2017 08:44 PM
    That 6 hour runtime is probably with the screen brightness turned all the way down and wireless turned off.
    This is most likely what they did. Nintendo would never advertise a battery length if it wasn't true under some sort of conditions. That being said, is you are able Play Pokemon Go on your smartphone for 3 hours i would consider that pretty good.

Any more word on battery life with Zelda or good battery packs?
    Officially, Nintendo say that Zelda will last around 3 hours on a single charge. Which i think if definitely enough play time without a break haha
    03-14-2017 10:54 AM
    It sounds like the display battery will run down before the joy-con batteries in portable mode. If the joy-cons are designed like the Wii-motes, they'd keep going for a while if the rechargeable battery inside the joy-cons has the same power output as 2 AA batteries.
    Greek Geek likes this.
    03-14-2017 03:57 PM
    It's still disappointing though, 3 hours. But can't complain since we're talking about high end games, and the run time is comparable to similar mobile game consoles, Vita and 3Ds
    Greek Geek likes this.
    03-14-2017 08:04 PM
    It sounds like the display battery will run down before the joy-con batteries in portable mode. If the joy-cons are designed like the Wii-motes, they'd keep going for a while if the rechargeable battery inside the joy-cons has the same power output as 2 AA batteries.
    Yeah, I have to say though that fortunately the JoyCon batteries definitely seem to last longer than the WiiMotes ever did. (used to annoy the hell out of me how often I'd have to charge my wii remotes). However, with the JoyCons, I've been paying solid since I got it, and they didn't run out even once until last Saturday for the first time ever while Playing Splatoon 2. (now admittedly, part of the reason why is that usually they are continually getting charged via the tablet bit, so it's not a fair comparison). But I still can't complain, as a t least it means I havn't got to worry about them running out anywhere near as much. (the tablet bit still only gets 3 hours max though without having to be docked, but the joycons, no problem)
    03-27-2017 03:04 PM
    I've had my Switch since launch day and have played BotW for hours at a time. Running Zelda constantly, with my Joy-Cons connected to the tablet, it lasts about 2.5 hours, maybe a little more. When the Joy-Cons aren't attached, the battery lasts about 3 hours.
    04-25-2017 11:20 AM
    Is it possible to power or charge the display from a 12V outlet in a car to extend the battery life at all?
    05-15-2017 02:34 PM
    6 hors max battery isnt bad for the switch being that small
    05-15-2017 03:00 PM
    The Nintendo switch has a battery that should last for 4-6 hours depending on how much you use it. It contains a Tegra X1 graphics card (a pretty powerful card) and it still lasts a while. If your worried about the battery life, it will live but if your too sensitive just turn down the brightness like on any portable system. Hope this could help.
    05-15-2017 09:26 PM
    Haven't really run into an issue with my kids it can be plugged in to the car with an adaptor
    05-15-2017 09:53 PM
    if i can get 3 hours on the switch without a battery bank ill be happy I guess.
    05-17-2017 01:26 PM
    I'd like to hope there will be a battery pack but that will make the device more clunky.
    05-17-2017 02:04 PM