Nintendo Switch Pre-Order Thread

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Also, if they pre-ordered from a legitimate retailer and received their pre order early, that's on the retailer and not the consumer.

That's possible too. Though for that to happen it would require that retailers received them early (and due to when Nintendo are likely to be shipping them to the retailers for launch, which is tightly controlled, I have a feeling it would only be a day earlier at most due to small variables in shipping times). So I very much doubt that anyone will be getting them weeks ahead of time. (not that I'd complain if my Nintendo Switch reached me a week early!) -I just won't hold my breath for that ever happening, as I think the odds of that being the case are pretty slim.

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I regret not pre-ordering.
To be honest, there are loads of ways you can still pre-order them. Amazon Europe have started to get more pre-order allocations in now. They all sold out everywhere a while back, but then a couple of weeks ago I noticed that Amazon UK and Amazon France made them available for pre-order again. But only those two.) This week I noticed that Amazon Spain enabled pre-ordering again aswell, so it looks like we're going to see them pop up again everywhere before too long. Even if you're not based in any of the countries where it is available, some of them ship to other parts of the world, so it's worth checking if you're dying to get one. (if not, just keep checking back the country you live in, as it's looking incredibly like they're starting to catch up on manufacture. What country are you based in btw?

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
To be honest, there are loads of ways you can still pre-order them. Amazon Europe have started to get more pre-order allocations in now. They all sold out everywhere a while back, but then a couple of weeks ago I noticed that Amazon UK and Amazon France made them available for pre-order again. But only those two.) This week I noticed that Amazon Spain enabled pre-ordering again aswell, so it looks like we're going to see them pop up again everywhere before too long. Even if you're not based in any of the countries where it is available, some of them ship to other parts of the world, so it's worth checking if you're dying to get one. (if not, just keep checking back the country you live in, as it's looking incredibly like they're starting to catch up on manufacture. What country are you based in btw?

I'm from the US. I'm not to keen on ordering from a reseller outside the country, I don't want to run into any warranty issues should any problems arise with the console later on.

Plus I would have to buy a US charger and I enjoy being able to use my headphones at whatever volume I damn well please.

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm from the US. I'm not to keen on ordering from a reseller outside the country, I don't want to run into any warranty issues should any problems arise with the console later on.

Plus I would have to buy a US charger and I enjoy being able to use my headphones at whatever volume I damn well please.
I see what you mean about the warranty! As for the power though, it runs on USB TypeC, so the socket issue is nice and easy no matter where it's from! (I'm glad, because I bought one from overseas,and the other one locally. But it means now I can just plug the cable into any USB socket, and it's all set!) I'm really glad Nintendo have started doing that! It's about time, if you ask me! (I'll be honest, it's getting to the stage where I'm running out of regular plug sockets to power all the gadgets of modern day life, so it's nice just to be able to plug several devices into USB hubs instead (safer on the home fuses too!)

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
The Gamestop closest to my work has 4 consoles available, and when I drove by there were exactly 4 people standing in line - at 5pm - for the midnight release.

Hopefully stock levels will be decent in the coming weeks. <knocks on wood>