Nintendo Switch

John States

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
My only thoughts so far are at least Nintendo is trying to be creative and find a niche of their own. It looks kind of interesting and I would definitely like to try it.

tgunnr

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Really excited for this. I love the hybrid concept, and Nintendo has an excellent history of bringing new ideas. My only real concern is battery life. ��

Andoresu47

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
It sure seems pretty neat, but I kind of have some doubts. If it delivers the same graphics power as PS4 or Xbox One then it would certainly get hot, and battery life would be an issue as well. I do want to believe in this thing, but as of now, I don't know how realistic the teaser trailer is.

Vegard Svendsen

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Seems interesting, the price will probably be the biggest decider for me. Have doubts about third party support, so I won't pay 400 $ for just a Nintendoi console. If that's the case I will probably wait for a price drop

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
My only thoughts so far are at least Nintendo is trying to be creative and find a niche of their own. It looks kind of interesting and I would definitely like to try it.
Yeah, the Switch is basically what the WiiU always should have been. (For example, I have always secretly wished that the WiiU GamePad worked like a true handheld that I could bring with me other places aswell, rather than just being a controller for the home console). Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my WiiU, but I'm really glad that the Nintendo Switch works using both methods like this! So am very much looking forward to this coming out, and ordered one the first day I was able to! This is going to be a very fun year for gaming!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Haven't decided. Definitely wouldn't say I'm "excited". My gaming experiences on my playstation and xbox consoles have always been better than my experiences on Nintendo consoles since the Wii. It's nice for family gameplay. But my family got a few good months out of the Wii and never really played it much beyond that.

It's a cool concept and I'm definitely keeping my eye on it though.

ar00tu

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
I'm not too excited even if the Switch is Nintendo's best console launch. The controller synch, save game, and game download issues and limited game selection are turn offs until Nintendo fixes them or releases more games.

aliemental

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
You're paying $500 (CAD) to play Zelda. Not worth it right now. Once they have a larger game library and we see if it can attract third party developers, maybe it will be worth the investment.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You're paying $500 (CAD) to play Zelda. Not worth it right now. Once they have a larger game library and we see if it can attract third party developers, maybe it will be worth the investment.

It retails for 299 US I think the 500 CAD price you may have seen was a 3rd party price for an otherwise sold out unit. While I'm sure it IS more in Canada I doubt its THAT much more. Probably more like 350 CAD. (Yikes! just looked it up it retails for 399 in Canada!)

aliemental

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
It retails for 299 US I think the 500 CAD price you may have seen was a 3rd party price for an otherwise sold out unit. While I'm sure it IS more in Canada I doubt its THAT much more. Probably more like 350 CAD. (Yikes! just looked it up it retails for 399 in Canada!)

Yeah, 399 CAD for the machine and Zelda for 79.99 so you're paying $500 after tax essentially to play one game at the moment. I think I'll be waiting for more content to come out before investing in the switch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro