New to iOS

dancing-bass

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I've been on Android for nearly 10 years - my first Android was the Samsung Galaxy Nexus running ICS 4.0 and have had various android phones since, including my current Pixel 2xl.

But I've decided to check out the dark side - I just ordered an iPhone 11 this morning. If I totaled up my time using iOS over the last 10 years, it would be less than an hour... So I need all the tips, advice, guides, hints, and so forth to help me transition over to iOS as smoothly and easily as possible.

Thanks in advance

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I would start by using iCloud and other Apple related services.

It might seem small but makes a huge difference.

Best of luck.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've been on Android for nearly 10 years - my first Android was the Samsung Galaxy Nexus running ICS 4.0 and have had various android phones since, including my current Pixel 2xl.

But I've decided to check out the dark side - I just ordered an iPhone 11 this morning. If I totaled up my time using iOS over the last 10 years, it would be less than an hour... So I need all the tips, advice, guides, hints, and so forth to help me transition over to iOS as smoothly and easily as possible.

Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome to iMore! It’s nice to meet you and congratulations on your new iPhone!

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome to iMore and our great community. Enjoy the forums and post often.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum! You will find in the Books App, already installed, excellent guides by Apple on their iPhones, etc.

dancing-bass

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
any "forum favorites" for tempered glass screen protectors and cases? I haven't used a glass screen protector in years (due to curved screens) but any advice would be great.Kinda Looking for slim but good drop protection... I don't need an Otterbox Defender (even a 2 piece "commuter" style is kinda overkill). I've used Spigen and Ringke cases for several years and have had no major complaints with either, so I'll probably use one of those. But a reliable tempered glass screen protector will likely be installed even before I power up the phone for the first time. I'm gonna go dive into the forums to see what I can find, but if you have a recommendation I'd love to hear it!

Thanks in advance (again!)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
any "forum favorites" for tempered glass screen protectors and cases? I haven't used a glass screen protector in years (due to curved screens) but any advice would be great.Kinda Looking for slim but good drop protection... I don't need an Otterbox Defender (even a 2 piece "commuter" style is kinda overkill). I've used Spigen and Ringke cases for several years and have had no major complaints with either, so I'll probably use one of those. But a reliable tempered glass screen protector will likely be installed even before I power up the phone for the first time. I'm gonna go dive into the forums to see what I can find, but if you have a recommendation I'd love to hear it!

I’ve been impressed with Zagg screen protectors.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site

I’ve been using this brand of screen protectors. They cover the entire screen and come with 3 in a pack. You can also register them for a warranty also.

9f16c54df242a3f6d7393bc9855244d1.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and thanks for introducing yourself to the iMore community....:cool:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711