Bondi Blue iMac User, from the UK

Feb 26, 2020
Visit site
Hi! I've been using Apple stuff personally since the Bondi blue iMac was released, and a little before that for work when they were brown boxes. Since, I've used iMacs and MacBook Pros continuously. Always wanted to use iPads but can never find a use for them — I need indesign. Used iPhone since the first, also use android just to see what else is out there — Pixel.

I'm a dad (x2), dog handler (x1), Senior Lecturer and researcher at a UK university, and I run a publishing house, Café Royal Books.

So there. And hi.

Craig

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the iMore Forums, Craig and thank you for introducing yourself...;)

slooksterpsv

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
Hi! I've been using Apple stuff personally since the Bondi blue iMac was released, and a little before that for work when they were brown boxes. Since, I've used iMacs and MacBook Pros continuously. Always wanted to use iPads but can never find a use for them — I need indesign. Used iPhone since the first, also use android just to see what else is out there — Pixel.

I'm a dad (x2), dog handler (x1), Senior Lecturer and researcher at a UK university, and I run a publishing house, Café Royal Books.

So there. And hi.

Craig

Welcome Craig! As for iPads, I'm surprised where you do lectures and research you don't utilize an iPad or an iPad Pro. With the ability to do split page apps (Safari on the left, Pages on the right) or even floating apps, its wonderful. I've found the best use for this for me is watching youtube and scrolling through Reddit. I usually watch Ryukahr for Mario Maker level play throughs and Reddit is just.... well Reddit is just the best.
I would recommend looking into one, if you're not too keen on the expense, the regular iPads generally drop to $279 (sometimes $250) USD at random stores. That's how I started using them. I think it would benefit your current productivity path especially if the MBP can be a bit burdensome or seem excessive for what you're working on.
Welcome to iMore =D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711