Ditched Android...Hello Apple!

NiNzOmBiE

Dec 7, 2019
Visit site
Greetings!

So, I am new to the Mac / iOS ecosystem. I literally am awaiting my shipment for my iPad Pro, my MacBook Pro, and I already have my new iPhone 11 Pro.

This has been a very hard pill for me to swallow, but I am hoping that my investment pays off.

With the recent events of "G's" recent outcry of poor treatment of employees, privacy concerns, and above all being found guilty of violating COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act); I found myself at odds with supporting a company that fragrantly and willingly violates the law, and felt I could no longer patronize their products.

Having just bought a Pixel 4 XL, I literally bought out the phone and traded it in for my iPhone 11 Pro. I am getting used to it...struggling at times, but slowly figuring it out. I honestly could not be more pleased so far!

In the meantime, I have discarded 3 G-Nest Mini's, 1 G-Nest Hub, and an old Android tablet. I have also transferred all of my services away from "G".

In the spirit of 'refreshing' my tech life, I also ditched my Samsung SmartTV because the preloaded apps and advertisements were so obtrusive and annoying. I snagged a very nice plain-jane 4K TV without any type of "smarts", and purchased the most current generation of Apple TV through work - and I am LOVING IT!

So, here I am!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore! It’s nice to meet you. You have made a big switch and that’s awesome! You’re probably going to have questions from time to time and you’ve found a great place to hang out and get answers to them!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Congrats and welcome to iMore and Apple. Feel free to participate in the many threads. ENJOY

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Make yourself at home and enjoy the site! Don't hesitate to ask questions. Many here have and still do use Android devices, so they understand the transition.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello and welcome! You have made a major change and we are glad to have you as part of the iMore, and Apple, family!

Hope to see you on the site often!

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Wow!! You really jumped in with both hands, and feet!!! That's fantastic!!! I know you are going to enjoy all of your new gagdgets!!!! Welcome to iMore. You are going to love hanging out here!!!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Congrats on all your new devices. If you have any questions feel free to ask them in that forum, we’re more than happy to help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711