Hi. New here, old iPhone user

Oct 11, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone! :yes:
Glad I found this amazing community. I'm an old iPhone user, started with Iphone 4G (used to own LG before that) all the way upto iPhone 7 plus that I'm currently using.
However I'm looking to switch these days. I usually wait for prices to drop and I think its a good time to upgrade my iPhone.
So what should I go for? iPhone X or even more cheaper iPhone 8, what do you guys reckon? Notch or fullscreen display isn't really my priority. If its fast enough with a good camera, I'm good to go.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

The iPhone X and iPhone 8 have basically the same internals so it’s a personal preference that will have you decide between the two

Enjoy and Post Often

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and if you are looking at price and quality iPhone 8 is an excellent device and should be good for years to come .

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! You can’t go wrong with the 8 or X, I’m sure you’ll enjoy whichever one you choose. I’m a little biased towards the X/Pro lines myself as I really like the OLED display, however, between the X and 8 that’s one of the only differences.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the iMore Forums! We’re really glad to have you aboard and look forward to seeing you around the forums!

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to this awesome community. The 8/8plus iPhones are awesome. You can’t go wrong either way. Keep us updated with that you choose. You will enjoy it either way!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! It's good to have you here! I have the 8+ and absolutely love it! It's still a viable phone, and the pictures are really great! However, it's also a bit older, and while it should still get updates for at least a couple of more years, I would get the best you can afford. If you can afford the iPhone 11, that would be a great option for you as well.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I wound up with a 'same price situation' between 8Plus & XR when I replaced my 7Plus. I went 8Plus as it was 256 Gb while the XR at that price was 64. I haven't looked back and am very happy with the 8Plus, Touch ID, QI ( Wireless) charging. I hope to keep the phone for several years. My wife also has 8Plus, about a year older than mine but still in excellent order. Easier battery changes if and when needed, through Apple store or 'Apple Authorized Reseller' are great for peace of mind wrt longevity.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and thanks for joining. As suggested, I would also advise you to get what you can afford that YOU will be happy with. Feel free to join in on the many threads in iMore. Enjoy.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!
Like others have suggested, go with what you can afford. Both the 8 and X are still very good devices.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Code:
Hello everyone! :yes:
Glad I found this amazing community. I'm an old iPhone user, started with Iphone 4G (used to own LG before that) all the way upto iPhone 7 plus that I'm currently using.
However I'm looking to switch these days. I usually wait for prices to drop and I think its a good time to upgrade my iPhone.
So what should I go for? iPhone X or even more cheaper iPhone 8, what do you guys reckon? Notch or fullscreen display isn't really my priority. If its fast enough with a good camera, I'm good to go.
Thanks in advance.

Carla,

What’s wrong with your 7+ ?

I’m still using an 8+, spouse is rocking a 7. If I had it my way, I’d still be using a 6+. Battery replacement is cheap, and the rest of the device is still runs licitly split.

I’m not getting a new iPhone until it has USB C or USB4.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711