I started a new thread and received a welcome reply; however my reply to him is getting rejected as spam, even there are no links or references to money.

Please help!
    07-04-2018 03:19 PM
    I started a new thread and received a welcome reply; however my reply to him is getting rejected as spam, even there are no links or references to money.

Please help!
    Try again but this time use the quote button and don’t delete any empty spaces.
    07-04-2018 03:21 PM
    Thanks for the immediate help.

Well, the quote button surrounded the text with QUOTE controls, but that didn't give me quotation marks, but put the text in a balloon box. I tried single quotes but that spit up, too, so I'll live without the quotation marks. Also, I don't understand your suggestion to don’t delete any empty spaces.
    07-04-2018 03:37 PM
    Thanks for the immediate help.

Well, the quote button surrounded the text with QUOTE controls, but that didn't give me quotation marks, but put the text in a balloon box. I tried single quotes but that spit up, too, so I'll live without the quotation marks. Also, I don't understand your suggestion to don’t delete any empty spaces.
    Just tap the quote button and start typing is all I’m saying.
    Maybe by (just shooting in the dark here) deleting empty spaces you’ve removed a “]” or something.
    07-04-2018 03:46 PM
    Sorry to be so thick-headed, but when you refer to the quote button, you do mean the quote KEY, don't you, as opposed to the quote balloon icon, don't you? In other words, just type it as a typical secretary would? Well, that's what I did in the first place.

Now, please don't hate me for this next one, but what in the world is an "empty space". As far as this programmer is concerned,a space character is not empty - it has a binary value, so you're not talking about that. The only other empty space that I can think of is what I get when I start a new paragraph with a couple of carriage returns.

I really do type just the way I speak, so I'm not doing anything unusual. What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks for your patience with me.
    07-04-2018 04:16 PM
    Sorry to be so thick-headed, but when you refer to the quote button, you do mean the quote KEY, don't you, as opposed to the quote balloon icon, don't you? In other words, just type it as a typical secretary would? Well, that's what I did in the first place.

Now, please don't hate me for this next one, but what in the world is an "empty space". As far as this programmer is concerned,a space character is not empty - it has a binary value, so you're not talking about that. The only other empty space that I can think of is what I get when I start a new paragraph with a couple of carriage returns.

I really do type just the way I speak, so I'm not doing anything unusual. What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks for your patience with me.
    Yes, I meant the carriage return. I’m not sure why you weren’t able to post that specific reply to the forum.

Let me ask around if someone can check it out for you. They’ll reply in this thread.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    07-04-2018 04:24 PM
    I believe this has happened a couple times in the past. I'll pass this along to the developer folks.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    07-04-2018 10:29 PM

Please help!
    I've informed the developers about this. Hopefully they will chime in soon.
    07-04-2018 11:14 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Some of it may be the fact that you are so new. Users who have fewer than I think 20 posts, get more scrutinized for being possible spam. Once you break that threshold, your posts will start going through. Occasionally they still might get flagged (mine sometimes do), but it's rare.
    07-05-2018 09:14 AM
    As luck would have it, the reply-post in question is no longer valid, since I came up with a more appropriate solution to my problem, and I will add an appropriate reply to the guy who was helping me.

So that means that we don't REALLY have to pursue this peculiarity, but the programmer in me says "let's find out anyway". Yeah, it's okay to be more critical of a new user, but this new post didn't have any mention of either money or links -- just as my mis-spelled title says. (And BTW, I couldn't find a way to correct the spelling in the title!)

In addition, as a newcomer to this site who has 31 other forums in his password manager (LastPass), I'd also like to make some comments about this forum, including the fact that, although this site shouts "iMore" all over the place, it quietly produces the name "MobileNations" for LastPass; so when I naturally searched LastPass for "iMore" to get my password for logging in, it was nowhere to be found. Accordingly, LastPass couldn't do its job to help log me in by filling in my username and password.

Also, FWIW, after becoming a member, when I came back to log in, I found no guidance in the upper-right corner where -- I think I'm safe in saying this -- it's practically an industry standard to welcome the user with an obvious request to log in. It wasn't until much later that I noticed the bright black-on-yellow menu icon in the upper-left corner.

Respectfully,

Bud Vitoff
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-05-2018 02:08 PM
    although this site shouts "iMore" all over the place, it quietly produces the name "MobileNations" for LastPass
    iMore is only one part of Mobile Nations. There is also Android Central, Windows Central, Crackberry, and Cordcutters. All fall under Mobile Nations. I don't use LastPass, so not sure how that works. There's no way to change or edit the names of sites for saved passwords? (Honestly curious, so the question is sincere.)

Respectfully,

Bud Vitoff
    There's no need to add your name to the end of your public posts. Your name is already at the top of your post... it's auto added by the forum software.
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-06-2018 06:52 AM
    Hi, Sherry,

Adding my name is just a force of habit. :o)

Yes, I can change LastPass as necessary. It was more a case of my being caught unawares, not the program. No biggee.

As far as my other comments are concerned, that just falls under the category of "unrequested constructive criticism". No offense intended.

Me
    07-06-2018 12:43 PM