New to iPhone but not Smartphones

ggrant3876

Apr 29, 2018
Visit site
Just bought an iPhone 8+, been wanting to try one for awhile now. Been into android since day one with the T-Mobile G-1 and have had 16-16 smartphones since. The latest being the Samsung S8+ and the Note 8. A lot of this is the same, just different. Been using it as a daily driver for 1 1/2 weeks now and slowly getting used to to UI. lot of it seem backwards to me but I'm getting there. The thing I miss the most is the customization ability of android. One thing I can say so far is that battery tho.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Welcome @ggrant3876! You sound like me, except I have probably had 50 phones in the last 10 years. BlackBerry (my first love), Androids, Windows Phone, AND of course iPhones. I had an S8, and Note 8 also, BUT currently I have an LG V30. I will be getting a OnePlus 6 most likely. Applewise I had the iPhone 6 Plus but now I have a iPhone 7 Plus. I also have an iPad Pro, MacBook 12 inch (2nd gen), and a 27 inch iMac 5K.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just bought an iPhone 8+, been wanting to try one for awhile now. Been into android since day one with the T-Mobile G-1 and have had 16-16 smartphones since. The latest being the Samsung S8+ and the Note 8. A lot of this is the same, just different. Been using it as a daily driver for 1 1/2 weeks now and slowly getting used to to UI. lot of it seem backwards to me but I'm getting there. The thing I miss the most is the customization ability of android. One thing I can say so far is that battery tho.

Welcome to iMore and thank you for introducing yourself. More importantly, thank you for taking the time to get used to your new iPhone. Many of us have come from other platforms and found the iPhone to be somewhat awkward at first, but then we got used to it and found it to work best for our needs. Maybe you will, too, but if not, at least you have it a fair try. Take care.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox