Nov 8, 2017
Visit site
Hello everyone! I finally made the switch. My iPhone X will be here friday and I am simply excited to get rid my HTC One+. Questions with anyone using an X right now, how does the back of the phone hold up? my phone gets so damn oily and slippery i can't hold it at times and i hate having to get a damp paper towel every so often. I don't like to use cases.. but I am very good with keeping my phones in good condition, so i will likely be using my iPhone X without a case or with a really thin one.

Questions: How easy is it to get into the apple ecosystem from android? Like porting over information, etc? I demoed an iphone in the store and loved how fluid it is, how does apple make that possible? Finally what does everyone do about not having a headphone port??

Thanks guys! I look forward to my bites from the golden apple soon :D

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello!
Welcome to iMore.
I would recommend an Apple case, they’re slim and fits the phone perfectly.

Enjoy your brand new iPhone X!

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, I had the HTC one it was a nice phone. Switching is very easy transition download a few Google apps from app store and your good to go. There's good wireless headphones out there at a reasonable price, actually I like them better now not being teathered to my phone. I would recommend a case though, I've watched a few drop test and the 8 8 plus and X do crack very easy. I've always used the Apple leather case on my iPhone and a tempered glass screen saver, it doesn't add much bulk and gives the added protection.

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone! I finally made the switch. My iPhone X will be here friday and I am simply excited to get rid my HTC One+. Questions with anyone using an X right now, how does the back of the phone hold up? my phone gets so damn oily and slippery i can't hold it at times and i hate having to get a damp paper towel every so often. I don't like to use cases.. but I am very good with keeping my phones in good condition, so i will likely be using my iPhone X without a case or with a really thin one.

Questions: How easy is it to get into the apple ecosystem from android? Like porting over information, etc? I demoed an iphone in the store and loved how fluid it is, how does apple make that possible? Finally what does everyone do about not having a headphone port??

1. You can download the Move to iOS app from the Play Store to move your accounts and all that: www.play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apple.movetoios

2. You could use the in-box 3.5mm HJ to Lightning dongle or buy a new pair of Bluetooth headphones or AirPods.

Enjoy your new bezel-less beauty!

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to iMore! Congrats on your new purchase
Try a Peel case. Minimal bulk but minimal protection (if you never droped your phones, you’re golden).

1- It is very easy, especially since they introduced the ‘Move to iOS’ app, on the Google Play Store. Plus, Google apps are available on iOS (and perform better, in my opinion).

2- How is that possible? Optimization.

3- There’s an adaptor that comes with the iPhone, in case you still have and use 3.5mm headphones.
I use the Lightning ones so it’s not an issue.

Nov 8, 2017
Visit site
Its nearly the same size as my wife's SE.. BUT I HAVE AN INCH MORE SCREEN hahaha.
Im loving the OLED too!! Now if only if they can start making Oled monitors available for us PC gamers..

Side note: my iPhone X freezes.. i know im not crazy because i was outside talking to my neighbor (about the X) and it kept lagging. We go inside, and the same app started working normally. The app in question is Youtube.
xJUnb1e.jpg

Nov 8, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Congrats on your new purchase
Try a Peel case. Minimal bulk but minimal protection (if you never droped your phones, you’re golden).

1- It is very easy, especially since they introduced the ‘Move to iOS’ app, on the Google Play Store. Plus, Google apps are available on iOS (and perform better, in my opinion).

2- How is that possible? Optimization.

3- There’s an adaptor that comes with the iPhone, in case you still have and use 3.5mm headphones.
I use the Lightning ones so it’s not an issue.

Hey thanks for the clarification. I asked because i am so used to just uninstalling consumer bloat ware and just running a bare version of the operating system. Its how i got my Htc one max to last so long. Is this the same for iPhones? How long do most users have their phones before upgrading? I bougth my max in 2014.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Welcome to iMore.com.

As Moderator Team Leader I hope all your questions are answered in the forums. We have a tremendous user-base that is very helpful and knowledgeable. If you need anything, please reach out to me.

Thanks and again glad to have you here