Guess I'll introduce myself

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone no if this new iPad has scratch resistance glass? Scared I'm gonna scratch the screen.

Yep! They're pretty much all scratch resistant. That being said, if you're really worried or you tend to beat up your mobile devices you might want to invest in a tempered glass screen protector or even a case with a cover on it.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

Lucy Davies

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
@Lucy Davies Happy birthday! I think for the time region it should be yesterday but here still valid :)

Welcome to the forum, how is the iPad performing? do you like it?

Thank you. The iPad is performing very well i love it. I was happy that i left it on my bed yesterday at 82% battery while i went out for a few hours & when i came back it was still on 82%. That is amazing.

If the screen is scratched resident then I'll go without a screen protector but I'll get a case for it anyway to stop the back getting scratched. But why doesn't Apple mention there iPads are scratch resistant? Also i take very good care of all my stuff.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
But why doesn't Apple mention there iPads are scratch resistant? Also i take very good care of all my stuff.

The glass is definitely scratch resistant, even if Apple doesn't say so. At this point you can assume that any mobile display coming from a reputable manufacturer is pretty resistant to scratching. The anodized aluminum back...not so much. If can definitely scratch. I recommend using a case if you're concerned about it. I have an Apple Silicone Case for my iPad Pro 12.9" and I love it. It's pricey but well worth the expense IMO. If you're looking for something cheaper Amazon has a huge selection of plastic rear shells.

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
It's nice you are enjoying it!

About the scratch, it's hard to know the tolerance to handle scratches, I think there is not a correct measure level of it so they can say it is scratch-proof but maybe it's for not sharpen objects or something.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73