Hello, a joiner from the other side

LeviV8

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
Hi everybody!

I was a BB user before, (Crackberry visitor mainly, as I wasn't very active on the forums) but recently converted to iOS :)
Just seen a few days ago that iMore and Crackberry have a 'common root' so to say, which is nice!
During my run with BB I had a few devices, Bold 9780, Torch 9800/9810 and Z10 ;) I still have the Bold as a secondary device, beside my new to me iPhone 5s , yes , I got a 5S in 2017 :eek: :eek: but as an iOS noob I'm totally pleased so far :yes:

See you on the forums! :cool:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. I'm a former longtime BB and Crackberry loyalist. I had a few BB's, Pearl, Curve, Tour and Bold models. Enjoy the iMore forums!

upandover

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
The 5S is still a really solid device, I'm sure you'll be thrilled with was iOS has to offer. What made you make the switch? What do you think of the BlackBerry Mercury?!

LeviV8

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
Well after 4 BBs I wanted to try out something 'new' :) As I'm not very keen on android, just went with IOS :D
The Mercury seems a pretty interesting idea,physical keyboard and such but I have mixed feelings about that custom Android thing and I'm afraid it will have the same problem as the Priv :raised-eyebrow: aka the price... but we will see when all official data will be available.

Edit: Thanks to you all for the welcomes! :cool:

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
As a former BlackBerry guy I purchased a 6s last march and am very satisfied Apple sends updates direct to you not through carriers and frequent app updates I quickly got over the keyboard aspect of the BlackBerry the extra screen space is nice I really couldn't see a reason to stay with the BlackBerry devices unless of course you really like buggy Android os .

LeviV8

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
Good to see that a lot more people (coming from BB) favour iOS before android :)
I wanted an alternative OS, to android and iOS came to mind 1st, so far so good.
It was worth the switch I have to say :D but I still kept around my Bold (as mentioned earlier) as a secondary phone,
which is more of an emotional choice as that was my first smartphone (1st BB also) :D

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hey Levi!

Welcome! I come from CB also. :) I used to be the Mod Team Leader over there, but I have since moved on. I now do a bit of this and a bit of that. ;) I usually have 1 of everything! I'm kind of an addict. ;) Right now I have an iPhone 7 Plus, Mate 9, Pixel, and Lumia 950! And yea probably will get a "Mercury" or whatever they end up calling it!

Glad to see you are settling in to iOS. :) If you have any questions please ask, we are glad to help!

Last edited:

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to iMore LeviV8!

I'm sure you will find many 'Crackberry' forum members lurking around here. This is one of the best communities out there and i don't think anyone will 'mock' you about your iPhone purchase. It may be 2017 but the iPhone 5s is still a nice performing device and I'm sure it will be able to meet all your needs. See you in the forums. :D

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Welcome to iMore.com.

As Moderator Team Leader I hope all your questions are answered in the forums. We have a tremendous user-base that is very helpful and knowledgeable. If you need anything, please reach out to me.

Thanks and again glad to have you here

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR