Hello, I'm Travis.

anon(9789123)

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone, I have been using iMore for about a month and a half, when I got my iPhone 6s Plus. This is my first Apple product. I started out on Android, but hated the security, so I went to Windows phone and became an insider for Windows 10 Mobile, and it was amazing watching the OS mature and grow and Microsoft nurtured it through its infancy. But then my Lumia 1520 broke, and all I could get was either Android or iPhone, so I chose the 6s+ since Apple has finally started making big phones. I must admit, I thought I'd hate it, but I absolutely love it as I'm getting to know the OS more and more! The only thing I hate is that Apple doesn't have a file manager to fully manage every file on the phone like Microsoft and Google have. Do you think Apple will ever give us that option? Nice meeting whoever replies!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Make yourself at home and enjoy the site! I don't know why Apple hasn't offered a file manager, but there's plenty of great 3rd party versions. iFiles and Documents 5 by Readdle are both nice.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I highly doubt Apple will offer a file manager, at least not in the foreseeable future. The company has always believed that they can deliver a better experience for users if they have control over everything from hardware to software. This includes controlling how files are handled and transferred. As a previous Android user that loved to install custom ROMs and tinker with my devices, it took me a while to accept iOS. I eventually got used to it and I've never even contemplated leaving Apple. I'm now on my fifth iPhone with my sixth coming in September.
Please, make yourself at home and let us know if you have any questions. We are a very active community and love to help!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox