newbie to ios

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Update. I've received the phone from the eBay seller who is an elderly chap but he hasn't removed his icloud lock so I'm stuck at this point. I've messaged him but had no reply. I think he's genuine but I'm stuck with a paper weight so far. Not a good start to iPhone ownership!

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Did he not reset the phone before he sent it off?

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
No. I only get a pass code screen when I turn it on and I've checked online with the imei number and it's still locked to his id.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dang, if he doesn't give you the id to turn it off I would just return it. Maybe try craigslist if this doesn't go over well or just buy a 6s+ and take the risk.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Update. I've received the phone from the eBay seller who is an elderly chap but he hasn't removed his icloud lock so I'm stuck at this point. I've messaged him but had no reply. I think he's genuine but I'm stuck with a paper weight so far. Not a good start to iPhone ownership!

Have you left feedback? May get somewhere with bad feedback and a dispute with eBay.

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I've started the eBay dispute process but I have to wait a week now for the seller to reply before eBay will even look into it. Disputes take too long